Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times

Advertisements

EEEEEEk. Yes, i know, this is a patently bad idea, but what are you gonna do? The heart is a stupid thing.

I live in the back of an old Victorian and there are a few of us who live here-5 to be exact. He lives in the house and I live out back in an excellent vintage motorhome (its a great setup). Our proximity is not such that we see each other every time we have to go to the kitchen or whatever, but we see each other several times a day.

He has been here for a few months, and the more I have gotten to know him the more I like him. He is from another country and his accent and looks always did it for me, but now its really more about the fact that he is such a nice guy, so funny, so humble- he is one of those guys who isn't really aware of how handsome he is. He isn't a player and he doesn't try and impress you with crap. He is just a down to earth dude who works in a creative field. We are close in age, we have both been married before, we have alot of compatibilities and shared attitudes. I find out more about him on a nearly daily basis. We laugh alot- he is a great cook too and shares his food with us. ALl of us gals are just nuts over him, but me especially.

I am not really sure how to proceed tho, or if i SHOULD proceed. He is supposed to be moving out in a few months, because he is actually a sublet, and i am wondering if i should wait til then. But what if HE meets someone in the interim?
If we DID try something and it didn't work out i think we are both the type of people who would be ok with that. We have talked alot about that stuff- about how we aren't jealous types, we don't hold a grudge against our exes, that sort of thing. I think we could handle it.

But i am just scared to make that first move. Thats a big dangler, there, if he doesn't feel the same. It would be so uncomfortable to be in my own home then, you know? it would be so embarrassing.

Any advice for the crushing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 12:42 PM

204 posts, read 351,285 times
how old are you and he? Make the first move you can't know if you don't try

Old 10-31-2013, 12:45 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
we are in our late 30s.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:51 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Get buzzed or drunk with him, make a very obvious move and if it doesn't work, deny any knowledge of it the next day.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:52 PM

204 posts, read 351,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
we are in our late 30s.
as I said make the move I've regretted plenty of things like relationships because I was too afraid to make a move at times. Go for it

Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Get buzzed or drunk with him, make a very obvious move and if it doesn't work, deny any knowledge of it the next day.
Hilarious.
Happens so often too. Especially in the party days.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:11 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
This exact thing has happened to me before. -__- (I didn't do it to someone, someone did it to me)

Anyway, to the OP, I would say to see what happens! I'd hesitate if he was going to stay indefinitely but if he is leaving then that makes it even easier.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:18 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
EEEEEEk. Yes, i know, this is a patently bad idea, but what are you gonna do? The heart is a stupid thing.

I live in the back of an old Victorian and there are a few of us who live here-5 to be exact. He lives in the house and I live out back in an excellent vintage motorhome (its a great setup). Our proximity is not such that we see each other every time we have to go to the kitchen or whatever, but we see each other several times a day.

He has been here for a few months, and the more I have gotten to know him the more I like him. He is from another country and his accent and looks always did it for me, but now its really more about the fact that he is such a nice guy, so funny, so humble- he is one of those guys who isn't really aware of how handsome he is. He isn't a player and he doesn't try and impress you with crap. He is just a down to earth dude who works in a creative field. We are close in age, we have both been married before, we have alot of compatibilities and shared attitudes. I find out more about him on a nearly daily basis. We laugh alot- he is a great cook too and shares his food with us. ALl of us gals are just nuts over him, but me especially.

I am not really sure how to proceed tho, or if i SHOULD proceed. He is supposed to be moving out in a few months, because he is actually a sublet, and i am wondering if i should wait til then. But what if HE meets someone in the interim?
If we DID try something and it didn't work out i think we are both the type of people who would be ok with that. We have talked alot about that stuff- about how we aren't jealous types, we don't hold a grudge against our exes, that sort of thing. I think we could handle it.

But i am just scared to make that first move. Thats a big dangler, there, if he doesn't feel the same. It would be so uncomfortable to be in my own home then, you know? it would be so embarrassing.

Any advice for the crushing?
Ok... Lets get this straight...

You live in a motor home in the back of a Victorian home you rent...

"Crushing hard on roommate" is your thread and its a "big dangler" whether to make the first move?

I don't mean to read into this and expose my naughty mind but....

Old 10-31-2013, 01:56 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,545,876 times
With him moving out, I'd say go for it. If it doesn't work out, he'll be gone shortly so any embarrassment will be short lived. If it initially works, but you break up later, his moving will solve any problems.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Back in my days of needing to have roommates (out of financial necessity, in college and grad school), I always made sure not to choose ones I was attracted to. That's a recipe for disaster, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships