Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, the problem is that they don't kill them quickly, so the rodent or whatever is stuck in them and dies a slow and painful death.... it's a catch22 really... you need to take some control and deal with the problem but on the other hand I hate to see and animal suffer needlessly....

LOL....
Agree...and I'll add that outside you are almost guaranteed to catch something you didn't intend to catch, like a bird.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
They are disgusting but they worked. If I had used the boxes with the poison in them and the dogs got a hold of the mouse and bit into it they'd get poisoned too so all things considered they were the best option I had at the time.

I had this real expensive luggage my mom bought me when I still lived at home because I traveled a lot. I found some on ebay and the one I had sold for over $500 for one piece. So, I went down in the basement to get it to take photos and sell it. Damn mice chewed a hole in the top of it and it was full of dog food.
Well, I don't want to get into a big debate about it. And, because of that, I should have kept my big mouth shut.

Happy New Year, Thursday!

Old 01-01-2014, 01:45 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Well, I don't want to get into a big debate about it. And, because of that, I should have kept my big mouth shut.

Happy New Year, Thursday!
No, I just stopped putting bird seed out for the birds outside and it got rid of the mouse problem and them coming in the dog door when it started to get cold.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:48 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
I love those passive agressive posters that like to take pot shots by reviving or starting very targeted threads. They kill me, sad little children.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:52 PM

52,277 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I love those passive agressive posters that like to take pot shots by reviving or starting very targeted threads. They kill me, sad little children.
I don't think I'm the smartest guy in the room, matter of fact, I'm probably average in brain power, but I, for the life of me, can't figure out how some people can be so dense.....

I don't mean this to be pompous or think I'm some rocket scientist with all of the answers to the mysteries of life, matter of fact I walk around in a perpetually semi-confused state most of the time.

I think maybe it's just lack of self awareness, as I posted rather viciously in another thread a little while ago......

Old 01-01-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
No, I just stopped putting bird seed out for the birds outside and it got rid of the mouse problem and them coming in the dog door when it started to get cold.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:02 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Now, if I could just get the dogs to quit taking cans and stuff out of the recycling bin in the backyard I could eliminate the big rodents. I finally built a shelf for it in the garage. Only after I found a live possum in my bed that my dog Possum decided to adopt and care for in my bed under the covers. I saw the tail and whipped the covers back and that's when I saw this tiny, frightened, baby possum snuggled up to the dog Possum's belly. I had to get a bag and scooted it in with a spatula and took it out side and let it go. I did feel sort of bad taking the dog's baby from her.

I named her Possum because she looked like one and then she goes out and adopts one....did I get the name right on that one?
'

Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't think I'm the smartest guy in the room, matter of fact, I'm probably average in brain power, but I, for the life of me, can't figure out how some people can be so dense.....

I don't mean this to be pompous or think I'm some rocket scientist with all of the answers to the mysteries of life, matter of fact I walk around in a perpetually semi-confused state most of the time.

I think maybe it's just lack of self awareness, as I posted rather viciously in another thread a little while ago......
I know I'm not the smartest person most anywhere to be found, I do know there's very little average about me though, I'm not like other gurls. I come from a planet all to it's own self.

I don't mean to be b_tchy, just something encoded in my genes. Those people do lack self-awareness, but many of them are very aware of their intent.

Darn, see, my resolution is already shot to h_ll. Never going to earn my wings.

And Chow, you are way above most.

Last edited by TRosa; 01-01-2014 at 02:20 PM..

Old 01-01-2014, 02:06 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Now, if I could just get the dogs to quit taking cans and stuff out of the recycling bin in the backyard I could eliminate the big rodents. I finally built a shelf for it in the garage. Only after I found a live possum in my bed that my dog Possum decided to adopt and care for in my bed under the covers. I saw the tail and whipped the covers back and that's when I saw this tiny, frightened, baby possum snuggled up to the dog Possum's belly. I had to get a bag and scooted it in with a spatula and took it out side and let it go. I did feel sort of bad taking the dog's baby from her.

I named her Possum because she looked like one and then she goes out and adopts one....did I get the name right on that one?
'
OMG I would have died!!! Maybe she saw a resemblance and thought they were her young? lol

My dog found some baby bunnies and played a bit too rough with a few of them...but thankfully he didn't bring them inside.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:

'
LOL, you nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships