Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 10:34 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I was driving home from the office this afternoon and I couldn't believe the traffic. It was flowing around 60 mph and it was going fine until the darkness came... it was a dark cloud.... huge amounts of rain, nothing like I've seen in years here.... it was awesome for a lack of a better term.

Huge clouds, I had the windshield wipers going full bore and they couldn't keep up... the traffic slowed down to about 10 mph while the sky unloaded... it was sort of awesome....

I couldn't believe it, actually..... was amazing......

I was like... ****... just get me off of this pig before I was stuck in 2 hrs of traffic..............

I was praying that no one f'd up and there' be a problem..... LOL.......

Old 02-28-2014, 11:31 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was driving home from the office this afternoon and I couldn't believe the traffic. It was flowing around 60 mph and it was going fine until the darkness came... it was a dark cloud.... huge amounts of rain, nothing like I've seen in years here.... it was awesome for a lack of a better term.

Huge clouds, I had the windshield wipers going full bore and they couldn't keep up... the traffic slowed down to about 10 mph while the sky unloaded... it was sort of awesome....

I couldn't believe it, actually..... was amazing......

I was like... ****... just get me off of this pig before I was stuck in 2 hrs of traffic..............

I was praying that no one f'd up and there' be a problem..... LOL.......
I heard in Azusa Canyon 4 feet or more of mud was rolling down streets & in driveways of homes......

Old 03-01-2014, 06:43 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Awww, aren't you a good sport. An old one, but a good one

I was on your side today and if I hadn't been so tired I would have stopped over and raided the cookie jar.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:07 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

I was on your side today and if I hadn't been so tired I would have stopped over and raided the cookie jar.
I probably wouldn't have been home...you would have seen the basketball skills instead...LOL

We were at one of our favorite dinner places! Where were you at? Visiting with the friends you helped move?

Old 03-02-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I probably wouldn't have been home...you would have seen the basketball skills instead...LOL

We were at one of our favorite dinner places! Where were you at? Visiting with the friends you helped move?
Meh, it would have been okay, I would have let myself in.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Meh, it would have been okay, I would have let myself in.
There were no cookies though. lol
I'll leave one on the counter for you (you just have to get here before the dog figures out it's there)

I'm making brownies this morning. Have to take them to a party today.
MUST. RESIST. THE. URGE. TO. EAT. ONE

Hahaha. The peanut butter pie last night was dessert enough for WEEKS!

Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
There were no cookies though. lol
I'll leave one on the counter for you (you just have to get here before the dog figures out it's there)

I'm making brownies this morning. Have to take them to a party today.
MUST. RESIST. THE. URGE. TO. EAT. ONE

Hahaha. The peanut butter pie last night was dessert enough for WEEKS!
No cookies?! ..........wait....... <wiping tears> you said browines? I must quality check at least one from each corner of the pan and one from the center. You know, for consistency. You wouldn't want to disappoint the party.

Yeah, that peanut butter pie is dangerous.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
No cookies?! ..........wait....... <wiping tears> you said browines? I must quality check at least one from each corner of the pan and one from the center. You know, for consistency. You wouldn't want to disappoint the party.

Yeah, that peanut butter pie is dangerous.
I love the corners. I put them in a cupcake pan so there are lots of edges. But, they taste like crap...different recipe. I should have stuck with the tried and true.

We shared the pie, however I think he did more sharing and I did more eating

Old 03-02-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I love the corners. I put them in a cupcake pan so there are lots of edges. But, they taste like crap...different recipe. I should have stuck with the tried and true.

We shared the pie, however I think he did more sharing and I did more eating
Brownies are like sex, some are better than others.
I don't like sharing dessert and when my wife offers to split one what it really means is "you better eat all you can because I'm eating all I can." If I order dessert and a second utensil is brought out I lose nearly half in spite that she said she only wants a couple of bites. However, if I offer she will only eat a couple of bites and I'm safe.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Brownies are like sex, some are better than others.
I don't like sharing dessert and when my wife offers to split one what it really means is "you better eat all you can because I'm eating all I can." If I order dessert and a second utensil is brought out I lose nearly half in spite that she said she only wants a couple of bites. However, if I offer she will only eat a couple of bites and I'm safe.
I like to share dessert, because typically I can count on him eating more than me, therefore I only get a couple of bites. He had a heavier dinner though, so he pretty full before dessert came.

Next time I'll stick to ordering coffee.

On a related note, this place isn't super dressy. We had jeans on and nicer tops, some folks had on dressier attire and some were dressed similar to us. I was shocked to see a grown man wearing a baseball cap IN the restaurant though. Even my kids know they should remove their hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships