Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 07:28 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times

Advertisements

My computer came this morning!!!! Yeee Hawwwww!!!
Just in time to go back to work in a few days...LOL
Figures.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:45 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,559,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah... I agree, as much as work sucks, it a has a tendency to make you keep a regular schedule, structure in you life, so to speak.

I know when I have too much time off, I either stay up too late or don't bath properly , sometimes drink a little much wine... the only benefit to being a working schlub it that you have that structure in your life...

I guess what I'm saying is that if I was rock star and was wealthy and had access to everything... it wouldn't turn out well for ol' Chow....
I bet you'd have a blast, though!

I'd love to be independently wealthy. I'd have plenty of things to fill my time and schedules to keep. We play the lottery at work. This week we won $12. Woo hoo! That won't QUITE cover the vet bills, though...lol.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:29 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
People who are "literal" thinkers, I wonder if they have a dose of mental retardation.. I don't mean this to be mean, I just notice some people can't seem to think metaphorically and draw analogies between similar things... is that a sign of basically being stupid?? I wonder... I don't think I'm the brightest bulb in the shed, but I read things on here that shock me with the lack of abstract thought behind what they see or perceive....
I have a friend who thinks that way, not all the time, but enough to cause you to choose your words carefully.
Quote:
What is the deal with friggin Autism.... it seems like the last 20 ys or so, it's gone thru the roof... is it really related to vaccines and does it cause these problems... IDK... we all got them growing up and yet we don't seem to have the same problems as the 20 something's set... WTF is the deal?????

Are the concoctions changing or what.. what is the new common denominator in this deal....
This usually pisses some people off and it goes along with your first statement:
IMO, austism will displace ADD/ADHD as the next fashionable disorder. In my dealings with the public I can't recall anyone being proud & quick to say they have other diseases or disorders as people do with ADD. It almost appears to be a glitch in the social fabric of people desperate to feel they belong to something. I feel the disorder is over diagnosed, over prescribed, and autism will follow the same path. The conspirator in me thinks it is the doping up of a nation. There are people with ADHD & autism whose lives are disrupted by these disorders and there people who just are BEMs to which no pill can fix.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:33 AM

769 posts, read 977,166 times
I have been working remotely since Monday. In theory it is awesome but I start to go a little stir crazy. I may escape and go ride later today. The worse part about working remote is that I have to VPN and can't look at the internet.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
This usually pisses some people off and it goes along with your first statement:
IMO, austism will displace ADD/ADHD as the next fashionable disorder. In my dealings with the public I can't recall anyone being proud & quick to say they have other diseases or disorders as people do with ADD. It almost appears to be a glitch in the social fabric of people desperate to feel they belong to something. I feel the disorder is over diagnosed, over prescribed, and autism will follow the same path. The conspirator in me thinks it is the doping up of a nation. There are people with ADHD & autism whose lives are disrupted by these disorders and there people who just are BEMs to which no pill can fix.
I wonder... I wonder if it a case of lazy doctors just wanting to prescribe a pill, is it big pharma pushing said pill, are there real cases of add/autism...... IDK... maybe all maybe not.

I know growing up we always had kids that were "hyper" and bounced off of the walls, usually a well place foot up the azz was dispensed and that seemed to help... LOL, IDK....

I have been hearing weird things about the vaccinations and even flu shots to a certain degree, have been getting sloppier and less controlled...

I'm not usually too quick to come up with conspiracy theories, but I just can't get my head around what has happened in 20 to 30 yrs...

One thing I really think is that we've become a way way over medicated society was watching some documentary on the History channel recently that was laying out the status on American prescription abuse..... was basically saying that "prescribed" drugs addiction and abuse and deaths is beating all street drugs combined.... that took me back...would have never thought that.

Sixy is on the front line every day, I wonder how often she sees kids or hears about kids with autism and or ADD??

Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
I have been working remotely since Monday. In theory it is awesome but I start to go a little stir crazy. I may escape and go ride later today. The worse part about working remote is that I have to VPN and can't look at the internet.
The reason I have multiple machines......or a really poor excuse to have multiple machines.
Quote:
I wonder... I wonder if it a case of lazy doctors just wanting to prescribe a pill, is it big pharma pushing said pill, are there real cases of add/autism...... IDK... maybe all maybe not.

I know growing up we always had kids that were "hyper" and bounced off of the walls, usually a well place foot up the azz was dispensed and that seemed to help... LOL, IDK....

I have been hearing weird things about the vaccinations and even flu shots to a certain degree, have been getting sloppier and less controlled...

I'm not usually too quick to come up with conspiracy theories, but I just can't get my head around what has happened in 20 to 30 yrs...

One thing I really think is that we've become a way way over medicated society was watching some documentary on the History channel recently that was laying out the status on American prescription abuse..... was basically saying that "prescribed" drugs addiction and abuse and deaths is beating all street drugs combined.... that took me back...would have never thought that.

Sixy is on the front line every day, I wonder how often she sees kids or hears about kids with autism and or ADD??
I have no doubt there are people who are genuinely afflicted with these disorders, but just because someone say "Look! A hummingbird!" doesn't make them an ADD candidate (that actually happened to me). Would the reaction be the same had I saw a person with a gun?
IMO, the sole reason we have "illegal" narcotics is because government can't regulate the trade.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 AM

Ok... back to the fluffy stuff...

We made a lemon/caper/butter sauce last night and had it on some chicken/veggies/pasta concoction, man it was killer, had some left overs this morning and my god, that lemony sauce just banging....

Old 12-30-2013, 12:07 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Ok... back to the fluffy stuff...

We made a lemon/caper/butter sauce last night and had it on some chicken/veggies/pasta concoction, man it was killer, had some left overs this morning and my god, that lemony sauce just banging....
what type of capers do you buy? I tried to make a sauce with some jarred ones, it didn't pan out well for me..

Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
what type of capers do you buy? I tried to make a sauce with some jarred ones, it didn't pan out well for me..
There are two types, I forget the names but they are the same, one is just physically a little bigger. We just buy cheapo Kroger/Ralphs branded ones.... If you rinse them before using them, that takes down the flavor a lot..... we just toss them right out of the jar, like that "briney" taste they have.

http://www.iheartkroger.com/wp-conte.../09/capers.jpg

Old 12-30-2013, 12:14 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
What you did there...I see it.

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships