Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 05:10 PM

10 posts, read 11,214 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I’ve been on here for a long time but never really had anything worthwhile to post except now and I could use some advice.

I’m 28 and single but want to settle down. I had a dry spell in the dating world until about a couple of months ago when I met three guys (great! – or so I thought) at about the same time. They all asked me out and I said yes.

Guy 1 is a real gentleman and we have great chemistry. We’ve gone out a lot and I really like him a lot. I can definitely see us “long term.”

Guy 2 is more kinda like a jock. He’s pretty gregarious and knows what he wants. We “did it” soon after we met. When we get together it’s fireworks but only in one way…

Guy 3 was also extraverted but I regretted “being with” him and he never called backwhich was a good thing.

Well, last Wednesday I was out with Guy 2 at a lounge restaurant place. We were kind of tipsy and laughing when in walks Guy 1 with a bunch of his buddies. He saw me and I think his face looked surprised. He gave me a tight smile and nodded but didn’t come over. At that point I realized that I really would have preferred being there with Guy 1 and not Guy2.

I kept looking in his direction but he never looked my way. At some point I think he went to the bathroom but I didn’t see him come back.

OnThursday I got a text from Guy 1 that he had to cancel our date for Friday cause he said (but I don’t believe him) he had to work late. I said OK, how bout Saturday? He said he couldn’t do dinner but we could grab a coffee. I’m supposed to see him in a bit so I’m wondering what he’s going to ask and how I should handle things delicately, assuming he brings up last Wednesday at all.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Umm, I think you're screwed.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:19 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I agree... I think the OP may have been friend zoned......

Another funny example of guy 1 being a "gentlemen" and guy 2 the gregarious guy, getting the booty before the gentlemen...

I shouldn't say this, will give the whiners here too much ammo....

Old 11-02-2013, 05:20 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think so too.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:24 PM

Since you were pushy about seeing him, he just wants to see what you're going to say, but I think you're just going to make a fool of yourself in his eyes. You shouldn't even go.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:29 PM

10 posts, read 11,214 times
I hope I'm NOT screwed becasue I really do want a future with him. He may not even bring it up andmaybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing. Also, it's not like we said we were exclusive to each other even though I want it to be that way now

Old 11-02-2013, 05:32 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanGirl View Post
Hi all. I’ve been on here for a long time but never really had anything worthwhile to post except now and I could use some advice.

I’m 28 and single but want to settle down. I had a dry spell in the dating world until about a couple of months ago when I met three guys (great! – or so I thought) at about the same time. They all asked me out and I said yes.

Guy 1 is a real gentleman and we have great chemistry. We’ve gone out a lot and I really like him a lot. I can definitely see us “long term.”

Guy 2 is more kinda like a jock. He’s pretty gregarious and knows what he wants. We “did it” soon after we met. When we get together it’s fireworks but only in one way…

Guy 3 was also extraverted but I regretted “being with” him and he never called backwhich was a good thing.

Well, last Wednesday I was out with Guy 2 at a lounge restaurant place. We were kind of tipsy and laughing when in walks Guy 1 with a bunch of his buddies. He saw me and I think his face looked surprised. He gave me a tight smile and nodded but didn’t come over. At that point I realized that I really would have preferred being there with Guy 1 and not Guy2.

I kept looking in his direction but he never looked my way. At some point I think he went to the bathroom but I didn’t see him come back.

OnThursday I got a text from Guy 1 that he had to cancel our date for Friday cause he said (but I don’t believe him) he had to work late. I said OK, how bout Saturday? He said he couldn’t do dinner but we could grab a coffee. I’m supposed to see him in a bit so I’m wondering what he’s going to ask and how I should handle things delicately, assuming he brings up last Wednesday at all.
You should have explained yourself to him but honestly....I'm glad he ignored you.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I hope I'm NOT screwed becasue I really do want a future with him. He may not even bring it up andmaybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing. Also, it's not like we said we were exclusive to each other even though I want it to be that way now
If you think he's not going to bring it up, what are you asking here for?

Old 11-02-2013, 05:54 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Just tell him that the guy he saw you with was just a f-buddy, nothing more. I'm sure he'll understand.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:55 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Oh, so in three days you went from getting drunk with Mr. Jock to wanting to be exclusive with Mr. Good Guy, eh? Did you sleep with Mr. Jock on Wednesday, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships