Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 AM

39 posts, read 35,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
How about a picture and fill out your profile?

I'd say this is either a troll thread or you are gay.
I've just been really lazy. I'm not trolling and I'm not gay.

I'm not at home so I grabbed this picture off my facebook. Yes I am at a car show and look pissed off, but its probably the best one of my face.

Only approached by people I don't want to date-29004_10151483788101703_1426526763_n.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I never approached strangers because I can't tell who I would be interested in dating simply based on their appearance. I need to know someone a bit before I know if I'm attracted to them.
You're female I assume? That's understandable.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikesRocks View Post
You're female I assume? That's understandable.
Yes. I have asked a couple guys out before - but I knew enough of them to know I was interested in them.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I would say a 6 or a 7.

If you were higher, then more attractive women would be hitting on you.

If you were lower, then no women would hit on you.
I was talking about how you were saying that at 6 or 7 I might as well go for a 9 because I have just as much as a shot as I would with a 7. That doesn't really make sense to me. I would think that within reason a girl who is cute and is a "7" is going to shoot down all the ugly guys who think they have a shot and then be receptive to the more attractive guys that are probably going for the more attractive women.

I don't have any problem with the notion of being slightly better than average. I get approached by average looking women that just aren't that attractive. So by your logic that makes me better than average.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
My advice would be to stop trying to figure out what your number is and stop trying to figure out which numbers you should go after - and simply try going after women you are attracted to. It's not that hard. If you run into problems - then maybe sit down and reevaluate some things. But there's no point in analyzing things that haven't even happened.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Yes. I have asked a couple guys out before - but I knew enough of them to know I was interested in them.
Makes sense. It's not like I get asked out by strangers. What I do get a lot of is women who are just totally normal being flirty with me when I did absolutely nothing to initiate it. I also get smiles and waves from women I don't know and only briefly made eye contact with, once again this usually comes from very average looking women and very rarely from "hot" ones.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:01 AM

544 posts, read 610,503 times
Quote:
then be receptive to the more attractive guys that are probably going for the more attractive women.
This is what you have to understand. The 10% of men at the top of the todem pole get any girl they want.

And they are men.

They like any girl that will sleep with them on the first or second date.

They like any girl from 6-10 on the scale.

If they just want to hook up, it doesn't matter if the girl is a 6 or a 10 to them.

Some of them will want to play many girls at the same time.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
I would think that within reason a girl who is cute and is a "7" is going to shoot down all the ugly guys who think they have a shot and then be receptive to the more attractive guys that are probably going for the more attractive women.
Men have a broader range of attraction so a woman who is a 7 is more likely to be in the attraction wheelhouse for a man who is a 9 than vice versa.

And you agree with it yourself. Otherwise, 9s would be hitting on you, right?

I mean 7 is pretty good for a woman. Nice to decent body, decent face. Just very cute. Very hot commodity. A LOT of women fall into a 7.

To be fair, a man who is a 7 can do very well for himself as well.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:03 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Makes sense. It's not like I get asked out by strangers. What I do get a lot of is women who are just totally normal being flirty with me when I did absolutely nothing to initiate it. I also get smiles and waves from women I don't know and only briefly made eye contact with, once again this usually comes from very average looking women and very rarely from "hot" ones.
There are a lot of guys out there who would love for that to happen to them, yet you're angry because these women aren't hot enough for your overinflated sense of self-entitlement?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
My advice would be to stop trying to figure out what your number is and stop trying to figure out which numbers you should go after - and simply try going after women you are attracted to. It's not that hard. If you run into problems - then maybe sit down and reevaluate some things. But there's no point in analyzing things that haven't even happened.
That's true to a point. I'm not going to say "I'm a 7!, I can only date other 7s!". What I would like to do is bypass the process of putting effort into women to find out what type I should go for.

If it turns out women go for the guys they want no matter what, then I'll just readjust my expectations and figure I'm just going to have to deal with being with someone who is just average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships