Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 02:39 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times

Advertisements

1. He's shy, give him another date or two.

2. He's trying to show you that he doesn't think of you as just a piece of ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 02:44 PM

348 posts, read 498,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
Two dates in two weeks. Both dates were initiated by him, he drove to me ( we live 30 miles apart), picked me up and dopped me off and paid for our dates. He texts me every other day ( all texts initiated by him). After date 1 and 2, he sent me a text saying he had a good time and hopefully to see me again soon. He already planning what to do for our next date. Hes into arts so he would like me to go to a museum with him.. Also, he asked me to go with him to his company's christmas party. He told me the date ahead of time so I could make myself available to go.

He shows signs of interests but is it normal that after two dates, he hasn't attempted to hold my hand or kiss me. Is that good or bad?
Maybe you're giving mixed signals to him and he doesn't want to scare you off. Why don't you try holding his hand and initiating the kiss? There's no rule that it's the guys job. This day and age at least.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:01 PM

214 posts, read 382,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Well...then you can't really complain that it hasn't happened. It takes two to tango. You don't have to lean in and kiss him, but why not touch his arm or put your hand on his knee or something?
Im not complaining. Im just wondering if its something unusual or if he only thinks of me as a friend or hes not that into me. But if hes into me and he's just shy or being a gentleman, afraid to mess things up or maybe just waiting for the right moment to do it and want us to get to know each other well first Im cool with that.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:23 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
IDK... in this age of "hook up" culture, I find him "taking it slow" to be refreshing to be honest.

He's probably also shy as well.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
No nothing abnormal. Sounds like to me that he just wants to be a respectful gentlemen Give it a few more dates. Better than a guy who can't keep his hands off of you on the first date!

Old 11-10-2013, 04:14 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
If you want it to move in that direction then you may have to let him know. I am naturally very expressive and affectionate if there's mutual attraction/chemistry. I have absolutely no problem making the first move in such situations.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Do people really wait until a few dates before kissing? Yeah, that's a no-go for me. I don't go on dates where there isn't at least some attraction or chemistry, where a kiss would not happen. I've been on two dates where there was no kissing. Kissing is damn important. I need to know if we're on the same page before going much further. A bad kisser is a deal-breaker for sure.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:24 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Do people really wait until a few dates before kissing? Yeah, that's a no-go for me. I don't go on dates where there isn't at least some attraction or chemistry, where a kiss would not happen. I've been on two dates where there was no kissing. Kissing is damn important. I need to know if we're on the same page before going much further. A bad kisser is a deal-breaker for sure.
One must have their priorities.......

Old 11-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
One must have their priorities.......
Yep. And sexual compatibility is one of mine. One of many.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:41 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
What the big deal?

Would you rather have a guy say hey i like you want to bang on a second date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships