Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:48 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,745,333 times

Advertisements

Yes, I've done it. The guy said I saved his life. All I did was take him to my doctor because he didn't have health insurance or access to a competent physician. And I unfailingly stand up for my brothers, because as their sister I feel like I ought to when I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 09:48 AM

102,325 posts, read 108,528,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I've always wondered why women don't ever white knight men. I can't ever recall an instance where a woman tried to White Knight a man she liked. But, I've seen plenty of pathetic white knight behavior from men. I can't come up with a reason for this other than women don't get as desperate as men do.
Have you missed the threads by women who worked to put their guy through med/law/graduate school while raising their kids, only to get dumped once he got his degree? What do you call that type of dedication and sacrifice? What about the women who support deadbeat guys?

wtf are some of the guys here thinking??!! Or is this about men finding another reason to whine about women getting special treatment?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,583,648 times
I'm not referring to savior white knighting (plenty of women do that), but mostly the pathetic WK who puts the other sex on a pedestal, makes excuses for them all the time, endlessly complimenting the other sex, buying a lot of gifts in hopes of making them like you, etc.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,745,333 times
Quote:
I'm not referring to savior white knighting (plenty of women do that), but mostly the pathetic WK who puts the other sex on a pedestal, makes excuses for them all the time, endlessly complimenting the other sex, buying a lot of gifts in hopes of making them like you, etc.
Oh! I call that "sweeping a guy off his feet" Nah, I haven't done that since my twenties, actually.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,084,985 times
Quote:
Both men and women have been known to throw themselves at the opposite sex.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,127,524 times
Quote:

Oh, that's something else. That is being naive, desperate or, sometimes having low self esteem.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:58 AM

102,325 posts, read 108,528,905 times
Many women do put their guy on a pedestal. They exaggerate (in their own minds) the importance of his profession as a way of enhancing their own status, make excuses for his inappropriate or violent behavior or his mistakes, cook elaborate meals for them (equivalent of showering them with gifts), etc. Women's White Knighting just looks a little different than mens', that's all.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 AM

803 posts, read 1,672,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh, that's something else. That is being naive, desperate or, sometimes having low self esteem.
Took the words out of my mouth.

There's just different terminology to describe what capitol is referring to.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,823,626 times
Quote:
Yeah, women do this too--just like others just said. You also see this a lot in abusive relationships where women are beaten by a man, yet they insist he loves her, she adores him, etc (all that pedestal stuff). She usually "gives sex" (to win over his love) instead of gifts. Or sometimes there is no abuse, just neglect, he doesn't care... but she fawns over him and has sex with him in hopes that he will become her boyfriend.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,224,040 times
Quote:
One time a woman I'd met a week before stood in line for an hour to get me a free burrito and I didn't even ask her. I'm not even sure if I said anything about burritos to her.

Just read some posts on here, especially some of the novels. The concessions some women (and men, of course) are willing to make are mind-boggling to other posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships