Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:07 PM

347 posts, read 491,861 times

Advertisements

a bad relationship or a troubled life?

If so did moving away help this person?
Did moving away and changing themselves 180 degrees from who they were, affect the outcome?
How far does one need to move to get a better life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
The only way moving helps if if you are in danger or if it helps you psychologically reset yourself. If one of those is the issue, you are a better judge than we are about what distance you will need.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
The only way moving helps if if you are in danger or if it helps you psychologically reset yourself. If one of those is the issue, you are a better judge than we are about what distance you will need.
This.

If the situation is too close to the point you might fall back into old habits, and most definitely if you have no support base, moving is good for the soul. But, only individuals can judge that.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yea. And certain problems (loneliness, for instance) with follow you no matter where you go.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
I just want to escape the Pitts of mediocrity and live above the poverty line go into dead end job after dead end job. I get boring siting at home with no money and nothing going on in your life other then work.

I think one has to want to change and not just talk about it . For me I got sick of being a loser and getting drunk every day just so i would feel OK with my life. I have been doing something about by stop drinking and went back to college. I wantred more out of life then popping pills and drinking every night and waking up wishing i was never born go to work get off work do the same thing all over.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
@krieger:

Well, don't move unless it's transfer to another college, and one you can afford.

Why not stay where you are but tell all your loser friends that you have moved, and get new ones? Iz cheaper.

You can send them texts about, 'Yeah, it's great here in Arizona, all sunny!' Or, you know, Finland.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:50 PM

347 posts, read 491,861 times
I always read on the forums how some people were in bad situations/relationships and they got out, just wanted to know of some real life experiences where they were in the dark and then they found new life/new light....

Old 11-22-2013, 03:00 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I just want to escape the Pitts of mediocrity and live above the poverty line go into dead end job after dead end job. I get boring siting at home with no money and nothing going on in your life other then work.

I think one has to want to change and not just talk about it . For me I got sick of being a loser and getting drunk every day just so i would feel OK with my life. I have been doing something about by stop drinking and went back to college. I wantred more out of life then popping pills and drinking every night and waking up wishing i was never born go to work get off work do the same thing all over.
Hey now your a rockstar and we can all use alittle change.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:15 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
The better question is, how many more threads will you start by the end of the week?

Seriously - This and the cheating thread makes it seem like you're having a bad time. I hope you figure it out. You can always escape a bad relationship. It isn't easy, but you can do it.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:58 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
a bad relationship or a troubled life?

If so did moving away help this person?
Did moving away and changing themselves 180 degrees from who they were, affect the outcome?
How far does one need to move to get a better life?
I'm one of those people who escaped a troubled life.

Depending on the type of former life you had, it may take a while to process your former life in your new environment. Eventually, you will likely come to terms and be able to begin your new life.

So in my case, it helped.

The distance needed depends on each individual case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships