Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 01:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,029,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
I wasn't bullied a child bar the abuse I received from my dad who never had a kind word for me while he was alive

I was bullied by a female supervisor while abroad many years ago but she and I will meet again
You just need like a decade of counseling.

That's pretty much all you should take from everything you write.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 01:12 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
Quote:
I wasn't bullied a child bar the abuse I received from my dad who never had a kind word for me while he was alive

I was bullied by a female supervisor while abroad many years ago but she and I will meet again
Are you planning to murder her?

Old 11-24-2013, 01:12 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,167,551 times
Quote:

That sounds....potentially illegal.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
I hope he simply means reporting her to HR or consulting a labor law attorney, like he should have in the first place I suppose.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:17 PM

7,869 posts, read 10,312,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are you planning to murder her?

well now if I was , you would be the first to know zenny

Old 11-24-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
That sounds....potentially illegal.

virtually everything is potentially anything else

Old 11-24-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I hope he simply means reporting her to HR or consulting a labor law attorney, like he should have in the first place I suppose.

oh I reported her alright , unfortunately it was in a country where this kind of thing is not taken seriously

Old 11-24-2013, 01:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
context , you said a person can only hurt your if you let them

I disagree strongly , such a clichéd attitude entirely lets bullies of the hook
I was talking about in the context of dating. I thought that was pretty obvious given that the thread is about dating. You basically sound like you want to punish future dates for what past dates have "done" to you . My point is that you are only hurting yourself for sure - because not all of your future dates will allow you to hurt them.

Look - you asked for advice. We gave it to you. Now it just sounds like you are looking for a fight - about ANYTHING. You are trying to turn dating advice into an argument about bullying.

If you can't go into a situation with a positive attitude - you should wait to put yourself into that situation until you can do so. I don't understand why you would continue to date when it sounds like you are just angry at dating.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:25 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Irish_Bob, what exactly do you want from this thread? You've been pretty combative with almost everyone who hasn't written what you want to read.
I wouldn't even consider bullies a life changing event, let alone something to have a bad attitude about for 15 years.

Bullies are everywhere, it's a part of life. Some are much worse, some just try.....

I'm trying to relate to your mindset, and honestly can't. I can't see how you can have a healthy relationship with a woman with your outlook on life.

It doesn't sound like you have a healthy relationship with yourself.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I was talking about in the context of dating. I thought that was pretty obvious given that the thread is about dating. You basically sound like you want to punish future dates for what past dates have "done" to you . My point is that you are only hurting yourself for sure - because not all of your future dates will allow you to hurt them.

Look - you asked for advice. We gave it to you. Now it just sounds like you are looking for a fight - about ANYTHING. You are trying to turn dating advice into an argument about bullying.

If you can't go into a situation with a positive attitude - you should wait to put yourself into that situation until you can do so. I don't understand why you would continue to date when it sounds like you are just angry at dating.

im not angry at any of my dates , I liked those women and they were not only beautiful but great persons , I hate that I wasn't enough for them but that's my fault , the reptile of an evil creature I refered to from my past is a whole other story , I could never do enough to them to balance out what they did to me , would not have brought the monster up if a " victim blaming " style comment had not been trotted out

the point of the thread is to explore the idea of being completely upfront with someone so as to protect oneself , I cant take anymore rejection so I might ask the next girl I go on a date with if she sees anything happening between us , if she says no , that's completely fine , one girl I dated three months ago emailed me afterwards to say I was a nice guy but she didn't see things going anywhere , that was fine and tbh , I wasn't really feeling anything for her despite her being great fun to hang out with for three hours or so

ive met with girls and not talked to them afterwards as their was zero chemistry , things were civil but the girl would have been in no doubt that their would be no further meetings , its the ones who give the impression they want to perhaps make something and then pull the rug who I have difficulty with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships