Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't even consider bullies a life changing event, let alone something to have a bad attitude about for 15 years.

Bullies are everywhere, it's a part of life. Some are much worse, some just try.....

I'm trying to relate to your mindset, and honestly can't. I can't see how you can have a healthy relationship with a woman with your outlook on life.

It doesn't sound like you have a healthy relationship with yourself.
Agree, the whole workplace bullying thing is just...hard to understand. You report, you sue or you leave. I could see if he was terrorized in prison or tortured by enemy combatants...but a job is a job and not worth the stress if you are unhappy. Just blow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,649,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You just need like a decade of counseling.

That's pretty much all you should take from everything you write.

I think many men would benefit from counseling if they would get over them self's and go.

Most women have been taught to nurture others on an emotional level, and therefore have the ability to take care of themselves. They generally have other women to support them through hard emotional times or just on a day-to-day level. Men, on the other hand, usually have no one there for them emotionally other than the woman with whom they are involved. They have male friends, but do men talk about emotional subjects with each other? Not really—it’s more about business and sports. When the woman they are in a relationship with leaves them, they find themselves alone and in a lot of emotional pain.

This is from a blog / article I had to read for my psychology class .

Men Who Are Emotionally Dependent, But Don

Old 11-24-2013, 01:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
I wasn't bullied as a child bar the abuse I received from my dad who never had a kind word for me while he was alive

I was bullied by a female supervisor while abroad many years ago but she and I will meet again
And you repeatedly bring this up in nearly all of your threads. You need to get over this somehow, it's eating your soul away. Have you been to therapy? You seem to have some unrealistic expectations about life. Almost everyone has bad things happen to them at some point in their lifetime, you can either dwell on it and allow it to consume you or you move ahead and make your life great. Your negativity isn't healthy.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:45 PM

7,869 posts, read 10,312,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't even consider bullies a life changing event, let alone something to have a bad attitude about for 15 years.

Bullies are everywhere, it's a part of life. Some are much worse, some just try.....

I'm trying to relate to your mindset, and honestly can't. I can't see how you can have a healthy relationship with a woman with your outlook on life.

It doesn't sound like you have a healthy relationship with yourself.

whether you don't consider bullying to be a life changing matter experience or not is irrelevant , it is for many many people the world over , doesn't matter whether it happened in school or the workplace , for me it happened at a pivotal moment in my life and triggered a response , its saddening these days to see so many people eager to give bullies a pass , its insidious quite frankly

Old 11-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And you repeatedly bring this up in nearly all of your threads. You need to get over this somehow, it's eating your soul away. Have you been to therapy? You seem to have some unrealistic expectations about life. Almost everyone has bad things happen to them at some point in their lifetime, you can either dwell on it and allow it to consume you or you move ahead and make your life great. Your negativity isn't healthy.

I know you probabley mean well but you do deal in a lot of clichés

first of all most people do not have bad things happen to them

secondly I have had therapy but therapy does not work for everyone , the bully who had a cataclyismic effect on my life has to answer for what she did , she cannot complain about blowback

Old 11-24-2013, 01:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:

secondly I have had therapy but therapy does not work for everyone , the bully who had a cataclyismic effect on my life has to answer for what she did , she cannot complain about blowback
I thought this thread was supposed to be about dating... Now you sound like some psychopath hell bent on revenge. It's getting a little scary...

Old 11-24-2013, 01:53 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
Quote:

Are you going to sneak up on her and punch her in the face out behind the bar?

//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...m-i-bully.html

Christ almighty, it was 15 years ago, You were a teenager. She doesn't even remember you. Don't make me watch Investigation Discovery to see how this all ends up!

Old 11-24-2013, 01:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:

Oh bull. Allowing a workplace to bully to control your life is destructive. For you it was a bully, for others that cataclysmic change could be their child dying, their parents dying, losing their home to an earthquake, a myriad of unforeseen circumstances that have a terrible effect on a person. Normal people move on with their life. What you are doing is ruminating, plotting and being really unhealthy about your responses.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:04 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:

Life is fraught with horrible things happening to good (and bad, and in between) people all the time. Crime, physical and sexual abuse, life threatening (and ending) diseases, death of loved ones..... my goodness, the list is endless.

I've had more than my share of the above, as have many others.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-24-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I thought this thread was supposed to be about dating... Now you sound like some psychopath hell bent on revenge. It's getting a little scary...
that's a little over the top to put it mildly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships