Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 PM

11 posts, read 10,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This makes no sense. Was it today that she'd specified for dinner with you? Or had she set a date yet? She's giving you money to buy your own dinner and eat alone?? What????! Maybe she's miffed that you didn't get back to her?
No, she told me on Monday that she wanted to do it on wednesday night. We just hadn't set a time so she told me to text her on wednesday. I texted her earlier today, didn't text me back for 2 hours because "she was studying and her phone was off". Idk, I officially have no idea what's going on with this girl. On Thanksgiving, we were snapchatting back and forth, then I forgot to snap her back at some point throughout the night and we didn't talk for a few days. This was also right at the climax of when our contact was the most frequent that it's ever been. Then I texted her on monday, and she said she wanted to do it on wednesday and told me to text her then. Then I texted her today, and all of this stuff happened so idk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Does anybody have any advice on what to do? I'm honestly about to just move on because I can't stand when girls play games like this.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:58 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleet79 View Post
Does anybody have any advice on what to do? I'm honestly about to just move on because I can't stand when girls play games like this.
Yeah, I suggest you move on. She's jerking you around. It wouldn't be worth the aggravation to get involved with her.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:01 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,545,876 times
Hopefully, you didn't get money from her for dinner. I'd just forget about it and let her contact you first. Don't pass up any opportunities that might come your way though.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:39 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
It kind of sounds like you dropped the ball.
It kind of sounds like you have no idea what you are doing.

And that is ok, when I was your age, I screwed up a chance to date a cool, fun, sweet, gorgeous woman only because, well, I was an idiot. FWIW, that is still my most missed dating moment ever.
Oh, but don't beat yourself up over it.

If you are like a lot of guys on this forum who have such opportunities, many many more such good potential dating ops will pop up over your life.
If you're like me, those fumbled opportunities sting a little more, mostly cause I can't figure out how to get such good opportunities to repeat. I am getting better.... but age is definitely catching up with me.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
It kind of sounds like you dropped the ball.
This is what I was thinking, too. He waited too long to text her on Wednesday. He texted her just 2 hours or so before she went to dinner with her friends. He should've texted around mid-day. 2 hrs. before the dinner hour (more or less) is kind of into last-minute territory.

Still, the thing about no contact for a few days after he forgot to snap her back sounds sort of drama-y. She has very set ideas about how she wants things to happen, and if he doesn't step up right on schedule, she gets miffed. This isn't someone who's a true friend. He may not have missed much with this one.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
This is what I was thinking, too. He waited too long to text her on Wednesday. He texted her just 2 hours or so before she went to dinner with her friends. He should've texted around mid-day. 2 hrs. before the dinner hour (more or less) is kind of into last-minute territory.

Still, the thing about no contact for a few days after he forgot to snap her back sounds sort of drama-y. She has very set ideas about how she wants things to happen, and if he doesn't step up right on schedule, she gets miffed. This isn't someone who's a true friend. He may not have missed much with this one.

True, but we are talking the Me generation.
Kids these days expect everything yesterday, and they communicate more than I Am used to. But it seems the whole population is going toward that trend, but I will always think of the late 90's where me and my friends literally watched the cell phone to make sure we didnt go over that minute mark as the golden age of cell phone usage.
Now-a-days this gadget feels more like a leash. Ruff!

Old 12-05-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:

Wait, so you're saying that she was pissed that I texted her at 4 instead of at like 1? If true, that makes absolutely no sense. Me and this girl have been friends for 4 years. Why would she take such great offense that I didn't text her 3 hours before I actually did?

Old 12-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Wait, so you're saying that she was pissed that I texted her at 4 instead of at like 1? If true, that makes absolutely no sense. Me and this girl have been friends for 4 years. Why would she take such great offense that I didn't text her 3 hours before I actually did?
OK, backing up a bit: remember, she decided to take the friendship to the next level. So she started contacting you more often, got flirty, then she set up that routine about doing her a favor, so she'd have an excuse to ask you out. So she's taken you out of the friend zone, and has put you into the date zone. What that means is, that the casual approach is no longer the rule, now she expects you to go by dating rules. And that means not taking her for granted, and not waiting until closer to the last minute to contact her about the date for the evening. By the dating rules, you don't treat her like an afterthought, you call early in the day to let her know you're still on board, you feel the date is important (not just a casual hang-out), and you want to finalize plans.

See the difference? haha, no wonder you're confused! That's how I see it, anyway. She decided to change the status of the friendship/relationship and kick it up a notch or two, which means the rules changed from super-casual to more formal. But you didn't get the memo, so you've been wondering what's going on. Because she didn't tell you up front, "hey, I'm into you, you wanna date?" Instead, she sent subtle signals. Turns out, she should've used a baseball bat, instead. Or a memo. lol!

Old 12-05-2013, 04:34 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Don't worry about it! If you want to go out with her, you should ask her to go to dinner with you. Set a day and a time and take her some place casual and fun. It doesn't matter where as long as it's not a fast food chain.

Then see if she seems to like you or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships