Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
I am curious if many men here have experience being physically assaulted by a woman they were dating? Did it change your relationship or your feelings towards her? Did you end the relationship because of it?

BTW - I have never hit a man.
Context matters. I have never been violently hit or slapped with malice by a woman, BUT I have been playfully slapped on my behind more than a few times

Those pleasant playful sneaky kind like after coming out of a shower or cooking in the kitchen>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 09:49 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,120 times
I'm a woman, but I'll tell you what happened as we talked about it enough that I know his side of it.

I slapped my ex, pretty damned hard too. I would have punched him, but I knew a slap is more disrespectful to most men. In my defense, he knew he deserved it and well, I basically had a mental breakdown that day.

A few days later after dealing with a lot more important things between us and with myself (we didn't break up), I apologized, he said he deserved it. Our relationship continued and we didn't need to discuss it again. We both knew exactly why it happened and we both put it behind us almost as soon as it happened.

Can't say I'd ever do it again. Hopefully I'll never have a breakdown like that ever agaim. It was like the perfect storm.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:46 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Where on earth do you guys meet those crazy women? In all my 26 years, I have never seen a woman being that cruel enough to go for a groin kick for no reason. I must be either in a well-brought up environment or not too many violent ones here.
I'm with you except double the age. Holy crap.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:48 AM

250 posts, read 399,994 times
I'm big and don't really bruise so sometimes it's fun

Old 12-07-2013, 06:03 AM

728 posts, read 1,899,917 times
I never have been slapped in the face or assaulted by a woman before however I do make it perfectly clear that if they slap me or kick me or punch me in any way that isn't warranted then I reserve the right to hit them back especially if they try to attack my privates. Equal rights indeed.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:20 AM

808 posts, read 1,878,694 times
My ex girlfriend threw her glass of water at me when I told her I wanted to break up. Amazingly I managed to reflexively catch the cup but all the water spilled on me. Suffice to say any woman who feels it's okay to hit a man for any reason other than self defense is not a woman I would want to be with.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:31 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Where on earth do you guys meet those crazy women? In all my 26 years, I have never seen a woman being that cruel enough to go for a groin kick for no reason. I must be either in a well-brought up environment or not too many violent ones here.
that was my wonderment as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
I'm big and don't really bruise so sometimes it's fun
LoL...not exactly sure how being slapped, punched, or hit could be fun, (well unless it's those playful smacks like someone else mentioned) but each to there own...

Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Yep

Old 12-07-2013, 07:07 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
When I was 14years old, I was assaulted by a mom; she caught me and her daughter having sex in her living room.

I had to walk home naked, no shoes just a shirt (seriously) it was summer and the pavement was hot fawk! Lol

Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 AM

250 posts, read 399,994 times
I dated a girl a few years ago that liked things rough, and thought it was hilarious that she could punch me in the face as hard as she could and I'd smile at her. She had plenty of issues as you can probably imagine so the relationship didnt last long but it was fun while it lasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
LoL...not exactly sure how being slapped, punched, or hit could be fun, (well unless it's those playful smacks like someone else mentioned) but each to there own...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships