Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:27 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,810,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
My mom slapped me once, does that count?
Unless you were dating her, No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 01:28 AM

887 posts, read 1,102,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
I am curious if many men here have experience being physically assaulted by a woman they were dating? Did it change your relationship or your feelings towards her? Did you end the relationship because of it?

BTW - I have never hit a man.
Wow! My wife spit on me once! Closest to being slapped...hurt just as bad. She also kicked in my fire pit ring. Yes. it did change the relationship. I lost the ability to have unconditional trust with her. If she was capable of that letting herself get that out of control when she got upset, I could no longer trust her. Attempted therapy, never took.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:19 AM

428 posts, read 476,348 times
I was dragged by my mom many times for doing naughty things, sometimes slapped too. Got my worst beating by mom when i was 10. I was not doing my homework
Bullied by girls when i was 8 in school

So yes, it was a part of my childhood.
But who cares. I know my mom never meant any harm. I love her like crazy and she too. She has poured so much love me and i am thankful for that.

Apart from that, no. I never want to be in a relationship or make friends with women

Old 12-08-2013, 02:56 AM

620 posts, read 1,201,344 times
I don't understand why women hit men. Its like dumb hoe, don't you know that you would be in the hospital if I decided to hit you? Iv had this happen before. I was so close to going to jail, because me being the man would be the one to get in trouble.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:45 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,169,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
I don't understand why women hit men. Its like dumb hoe, don't you know that you would be in the hospital if I decided to hit you? Iv had this happen before. I was so close to going to jail, because me being the man would be the one to get in trouble.
This...

I think it's the fact a single powerful Mike Tyson punch can not only injure the woman but kill her. Then what happens is that dude isn't just arrested but he can be sentenced to life to prison in that worst scenario. I guess those few crazy women like to still think of men as gentle creatures that can restrain without going for punches as first resort. In most cases (if she's not using any weapons that is), you can subdue the average woman without punching her. This is according to what my ex bf once told me.

We were both talking on the phone once and somehow this topic was brought up. He went on explaining how that if I were to ever try to fight him, he wouldn't need to fight me but hug bear me strongly and pin me down till I was calm again.

I'm telling you those are crazy women that don't represent the majority of us. Even I can't explain what on earth is the reason for hitting anyone for the hell of it. Even if the guy doesn't hit back, still what does she gain out of it? It's not like she's going to be given a medal or she's fooling herself thinking she won. Only one time did I heard of a girl brag about slapping a guy in my HS but that's about it. It was a girl in my AP history class by the name of Nabely. I don't recall how the exactly the conversation went but it was something along the lines:

Nabely: You don't know what happened. I just slapped the hell out of Reynold. I went like bang and his face got red.
Girl: You did
Nabely: Yeah.....

The way she talked about it, she acted like it was a won or something. Within me I was thinking ''Nabely for you information most guy don't hit back but if Reynolds had decided to reply back, you would be on the ground in seconds. That Reynolds guy was close to 6ft and about 180 lbs and Nabely was a lot shorter than me (I'm 5'7 while she's like 5'2).

Old 12-08-2013, 01:18 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,211,694 times
Yup, several times. Usually I deserve it, and when it happens I laugh it off.

I've also been play-slapped or play-hit a few times, where it was harder than the woman meant to do. Thought it was funny as hell and of course those situations usually involve some pretty good flirting.

Then there have been a few times where I didn't deserve it, where it wasn't funny, and it was purely out of spite or aggression.
I tend to walk away from conflict because it's not worth blowing up about things that badly if it can be avoided. (Big mistake.)
Got followed and hit again... I was just going to go into the other room to cool off but instead just grabbed my keys or my jacket and left. Some people get super aggressive when they're upset, I don't get it...

Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 PM

313 posts, read 330,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
She tried to punch me but I was able to parry the punch and do an Arm Bar Takedown (without breaking anything) and stun her. I then removed myself from the situation while she was stunned on the ground before it could escalate further.

No matter what kind of training or physical superiority you might think you have, you should never underestimate an opponent. There are no rules. She could have had a knife or a gun for all I knew or had other people with her looking for a fight. You also don't know what their motivations are or what kind of drugs they could be on.

There are 110lb women out there who can inflict serious injury or death on someone much larger than them, particularly if the larger person makes a mistake or goes easy.
I never been in this situation but I would have acted the same way. when things get physical you have to make judgement wisely to not go too far. In your case subduing her hopefully rid her confidence in attempting to harm you in the future.

110lb anybody can inflict harm if you allow them to.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:14 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,778,933 times
Women are by far more violent then men. Another myth that men are more violent, just like men desire sex more then women, both untrue.

I've been slapped, punched, had my windows bashed out, car smashed, scratched, attempted to be stabbed and pitch forked in the foot, drinks thrown at me, entire table full of food shoved on my lap and so on.... I, myself, have never once laid a single finger on a woman. NEVER.

But one time, during a heated argument, I picked up a small box from the kitchen and threw it into a wall, the opposite direction from where she was out of frustration. It was completely away from her and intended to vent some pent up anger. She later made the story out to, I was throwing stuff at her and trying to hurt her.

Women are notorious for being violent and then turning total blame on the man when the police arrive! So much so, that police officers are now required to be trained on signs of female assault as the aggressor when they go out on domestic calls. And women, oh they cry and hide it oh so well.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:16 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,211,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
I never been in this situation but I would have acted the same way. when things get physical you have to make judgement wisely to not go too far. In your case subduing her hopefully rid her confidence in attempting to harm you in the future.

110lb anybody can inflict harm if you allow them to.
I've seen a lot of 5ft tall, 100-120lb women with more fight in them than could be found in quite a few men I know. It's simply amazing.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:21 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,353,323 times
Lol yes I've been slapped before, only once though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships