Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,701 times

Advertisements

First off let me say I am not having an affair with a married man ("emotional" or otherwise) . Not that I'm judging anyone. I've made what I consider mistakes in my life. Just not this particular one. I am wondering how true this statement is these days? And how much do you think it factors in weather or not the affair is just emotional (which I think is somewhat silly to be honest) or sexual? I do know someone who is divorced because her husband wanted someone else and the someone else said divorce your wife then because I don't sleep with married men. So he divorced his wife, pays his child support and is in a LTR , living with the other woman. Is the idea "he'll never leave his wife" just outdated? Or does the question of weather or not the woman is having a sexual affair with the man figure in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 10:17 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,478,369 times
I don't know if there are any statistics on this, but from the stories I hear, it's still rare that a married man will leave his wife for his mistress, especially if there are kids and an expensive divorce. If anything, I think women may be more likely to leave a husband to trade up to someone else.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:37 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,813,916 times
I had a friend (had as in not anymore) who kept getting involved with married men. I don't think she was looking for married men, she just failed to walk when she realized they were married. They didn't leave their wives for her. They bought her pretty things and took her to nice places. But she was just a pretty piece of @ss that wasted too much time angst'ing over them. I lost all patience for her and could no longer be a supportive friend. She didn't learn and the men didn't change.

For the most part, I don't think the world has changed enough for women to be okay with being strung along by a married man and actually expect him to leave his wife. Maybe they do leave more often than they used to. But it seems more often than not, the wife finds out and leaves him and then he hooks up with his mistress.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM

Yes, women initiate 75% of divorces so what you (Tao)say makes sense. ^^^^^

Old 05-26-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I had a friend (had as in not anymore) who kept getting involved with married men. I don't think she was looking for married men, she just failed to walk when she realized they were married. They didn't leave their wives for her. They bought her pretty things and took her to nice places. But she was just a pretty piece of @ss that wasted too much time angst'ing over them. I lost all patience for her and could no longer be a supportive friend. She didn't learn and the men didn't change.

For the most part, I don't think the world has changed enough for women to be okay with being strung along by a married man and actually expect him to leave his wife. Maybe they do leave more often than they used to. But it seems more often than not, the wife finds out and leaves him and then he hooks up with his mistress.
That brings up another point. It is also said that the man doesn't usually end up with the woman he cheated with if the marriage ends. I think it depends on both people's options (the mistress and the formerly married man)

Old 05-26-2013, 11:04 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,059,913 times
Married men, who cheat, are pathological liars. EVEN if he left his wife for his mistress, that means he is a cheat. They are hands off.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:09 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,676,710 times
^^^

Married women also.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:10 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,233,222 times
I think more and more men are just opting to not get legally married, a divorce in 90% of cases only effects the man negatively not the woman. It makes no sense for a man to get legally married, the only reason I could see them doing it is because they landed a fairly hot woman and she is pressuring the s*it out of him to do it.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Married men, who cheat, are pathological liars. EVEN if he left his wife for his mistress, that means he is a cheat. They are hands off.
Yes, a poor bet, even if you get the guy, he'll do it to you. People like to argue that it isn't true "if he'll do it with you he'll do it to you" but most of the time it is.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,478,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
False. Liars, probably. Pathological? Very few. Cheaters, obviously. As for hands off, there are plenty who don't care, and plenty who change their ways. Applies to men AND women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships