Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 03:29 AM

830 posts, read 1,669,215 times

Advertisements

I don't believe in horoscopes of any kind...but I find it interesting that I tend to get annoyed by Leos and/or people born in August, and I tend to enjoy Capricorns and Aquarians and/or those born in December, January and February.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 03:34 AM

620 posts, read 1,201,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
I don't believe in horoscopes of any kind...but I find it interesting that I tend to get annoyed by Leos and/or people born in August, and I tend to enjoy Capricorns and Aquarians and/or those born in December, January and February.
You were born in July or November.....

Old 12-12-2013, 07:50 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times
Yes I am very much so a Taurus

Old 12-12-2013, 08:13 AM

175 posts, read 275,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Go see a fortune teller and your mind will change. Horoscopes are based off ancient sciences. And by that I mean experts on the topic not stupid websites or generic 12 sign readings. But most people are turned off by the idea of spending 200-500 dollars for psychics.
Pay me $200 and I'll tell you your future right now if you like. If they can do it so can I.

Each to their own with respect I guess. Again I ask the question, if there are people out there that can predict your future fortune, why are these same people not multi billionaires by now by using their skills to advantage themselves financially?

Old 12-12-2013, 08:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 AM

157 posts, read 253,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The Asian horoscope is much more accurate for me. You might check compatibility on that one. You should be able to find a book on it in a bookstore, and just take a look.
There's Asian horoscope? Is that the yearly one? You know the monthly one is hardly accurate, how can a yearly one be more accurate? Wouldn't it be more generalized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Venus is retrograde Dec 22 to Jan 31. Not recommended for marriage, true. But 50% end in divorce anyway, and those marriages weren't all performed in Venus retrograde periods.
LOL I say that too. Plus, it's a 1+ month retrograde, and I am sure people get marry during those times and not all of them end in divorce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMars View Post
No. Load of rubbish. If you can apparently predict the future through horoscopes, why don't these people also predict the lottery and win themselves a fortune?

I can buy 5 newspapers today and look up my horoscope in each and it will be a completely different story every time. Case closed.
I did not read 5 different sources , but.....I'll take your words for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Go see a fortune teller and your mind will change. Horoscopes are based off ancient sciences. And by that I mean experts on the topic not stupid websites or generic 12 sign readings. But most people are turned off by the idea of spending 200-500 dollars for psychics.

Let me know what you think of this

astrologyzone.com/forecasts/

Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM

102,263 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
There's Asian horoscope? Is that the yearly one? You know the monthly one is hardly accurate, how can a yearly one be more accurate? Wouldn't it be more generalized?
It doesn't matter; monthly or yearly. The Asian horoscope describes me a lot better, that's all I know. And it gets the compatibilities much better. Be careful, though, if you look it up; the years go from February to February, not from January 1st. People born in January belong to the previous year, by our calendar.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:44 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,649,296 times
My Chinese Zodiac fit me almost to a tee but i do not use it to run my life.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:01 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
It's interesting, but don't go by it piece by piece.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:01 AM

31,163 posts, read 22,192,980 times
Horoscopes are about as realistic As Scientology, Space Aliens, Ghosts, Tarot Cards, or anything else Man or Woman has made up over the years. I still look at it as something to be amused by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships