Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 06:23 PM

769 posts, read 977,269 times

Advertisements

Just be yourself...don't let on that your made of cash or you will get the wrong type of woman.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:24 PM

7,457 posts, read 4,693,802 times
Create a fake profile on the internet and don't give out hints you're rich until you find a girl who accepts you.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
What I don't understand is why the OP is objecting to the suggestions he's gotten re: where/how to meet women. One almost suspects that he's not posting to get help, he's just posting to brag about his money.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:32 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Yep.. that was the most important thing - stated right up front - in his original post AND the title!

Old 12-12-2013, 06:33 PM

678 posts, read 1,065,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies84 View Post
- My current net worth is approximately $8 million. I am 28 years of age. Please do not ask the source of my wealth, it is not relevant. It's 80% cash, 20% other. All self made.
LOL...I love it, don't ask but it's all 80/20 self made . First of all congrats, I think it's great that you have turned your obsession into financial success but it sounds like you might be hanging with the wrong socioeconomic crowd. Try meeting women that match your wealth because truly those are the women that are going to relate to you the best as they understand the lifestyle your financial situation the best. They're not going to be in awe of your money or see it was an opportunity because they have their own. Also if it were ever to get serious to the point of marriage, you'll then be combining your wealth with theirs, you won't be bringing the majority of finances to the relationship.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:52 PM

47 posts, read 70,575 times
Wow, you have money and you don't like showing it off? I've always felt like I had no shot at a social life because I don't have money. I always thought if I was better at Math, I'd be able to get more money... looks like I was right.

Anyway, I feel like your problem is easy to solve, if you're willing to be open-minded. Don't just go after superficial party girls. Look for a girl that enjoys Mathematics as much as you do. There are a lot of really nerdy women that have bad social skills... stereotypically, it's guys that are like that. But in reality, they are the same species and they have the same range of personality as men.

Seriously, I actually know a girl that gets into fights a lot, who's terrified of relationships, and just likes to go out, get drunk, and sleep around... and she's fully aware of the irony that her behavior is how men are shown in movies. I also know a girl that does nothing but play video games all day, enjoys Math a lot, prefers to take the dominant role, and makes dirty jokes all day. People around her even complain that she neglects her hygiene and doesn't bathe regularly due to her obsessions.

In other words, if you can find other guys to hang out with who like your company, you can find a girl who wants to hang out with you as well. Only difference is that with a girl, it has a chance of becoming more.

If you enjoy Math, you might like this statistic... there are more women than men out there. The women have to compete for guys, sometimes even settle for someone they don't like much. It's definitely NOT like on TV, trust me. Women don't necessarily hold all the cards and decide who to accept and reject... they can get desperate just like men. Knowing that should make them a lot less intimidating.

But wow, man... if I had just $10,000, I'd be able to do everything I've ever dreamed of. So hard to imagine how you haven't found happiness...

Old 12-12-2013, 07:43 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Money doesn't mean anything if no one knows who you are lol .

There's a reason men desire to be rich and famous

Old 12-12-2013, 08:07 PM

483 posts, read 1,560,038 times
I've been a multi-millionare for several years. I used to hide it but not anymore. You definitely get more women and better looking ones when you show that you're successful. You also need to work out, be well groomed and wear fashionable clothes. What, did you think attracting women is EASY?

Oh, the other thing is to buy a very nice house. Driving a nice car & wearing nice clothes but living with your parents or in some crap apartment is a red flag to women (A guy like that has "poser" written all over him).

Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
I've been a multi-millionare for several years. I used to hide it but not anymore. You definitely get more women and better looking ones when you show that you're successful. You also need to work out, be well groomed and wear fashionable clothes. What, did you think attracting women is EASY?

Oh, the other thing is to buy a very nice house. Driving a nice car & wearing nice clothes but living with your parents or in some crap apartment is a red flag to women (A guy like that has "poser" written all over him).
I agree that the OP would help his chances of attracting a woman by dressing well and having a nice home. He might also join a few philanthropic organizations where he might meet other people who are willing and able to help others. He should consider looking for women who have also done well for themselves in business or medicine, for example. Find an equal for goodness sakes.

Get a little fresh air and exercise. It will boost your self esteem.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:28 PM

62 posts, read 77,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post

I totally disagree with you. He wants to find his Miss Right, not just hooking up. As your said, he may attract many Miss Wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.