Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 03:33 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,707,443 times

Advertisements

Odd...
you SAY you do not want to be known for your money, yet that is the first thing you mention. IF it truly was irrelevant, you would not have went into such detail at all!

Then you mention all your finer points....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies84 View Post
I don't drink and I don't drive.
But I am awful in group situations and retract into my shell.
I don't think much of myself.
I feel like no woman will accept me for my problems.
Any girl who finds out how much of a loner I am will be instantly repelled.
And even then they probably won't want me with my issues.

With such low self-esteem, you really need to work on YOU, not a relationship!
You cannot expect others to love you when you do not love yourself.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:36 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
A mathematician worth 8 million. Det duer ikke.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:39 PM

6 posts, read 18,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
So you were able to attract someone once and be in a 1.5 year relationship. Why do you think it won't happen again. You clearly said you don't want to attract women with your money. So why do you classify yourself as a rich loner? You're just a loner.
I was a different person back then, more confident and articulate. I was also plain lucky.

My financial status is relevant, because I cannot attract women whilst passing myself off as average income. I do not want a gold digger for a partner but it seems like I have no option out of loneliness.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:40 PM

n/a posts
umm, are you really one of the best mathematicians? that's like, very lofty praise, i'm just saying...

truth is, women don't care about money as much as people think they do. think of the dirt poor poet...or the low wage lumberjack...

my suggestion would be to focus on math, and the women will come to you...not because you're rich, but because you have an amazing mind.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:40 PM

620 posts, read 1,199,259 times
Quote:
I was a different person back then, more confident and articulate. I was also plain lucky.

My financial status is relevant, because I cannot attract women whilst passing myself off as average income. I do not want a gold digger for a partner but it seems like I have no option out of loneliness.
Are you Indian or Asian?

Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Develop your passions/hobbies and build a social life around them. Go where women are and let them seduce you. Make sure you are whole and ready for dating. A woman in your life, will not fill a void or fix what is broken, only you can do that. Once you get to that point, don't show your wealth. I know that it can be difficult for some, but if you want a woman to want you for you, bring only you to the table. Hope this helps as much as I hope this story is real.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:

My financial status is relevant, because I cannot attract women whilst passing myself off as average income. .
You're wrong. You haven't tried, have you? You keep thinking of reasons for NOT trying, so I assume you've never tried. Give yourself 6 months of getting involved in a variety of activities, then get back to us.

If you've lost confidence and the ability to be articulate, get therapy. You can afford it. Also work on your low self-esteem, while you're at it. Consider it an investment in yourself. It will pay off.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:44 PM

620 posts, read 1,199,259 times
This reminds me of that Angelina Jolie movie. The guy was poor I think, or presented himself that way. Jolie claimed that he couldn't be trusted lol. Because women have a gold digger side I don't think any woman will care if they see you as dishonest if you do have the amount of money you have.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
This thread has got to be just sizzling the brains of all the broke guys out there with no career who are convinced that a career and a couple million would solve their life problems. You'll still be you.

To the OP, you have to look at socializing and building your own self image the same way as your physical wealth. It takes a certain persistence and dedication, you have to be willing to fail and generally do whatever it takes, learn whatever you can from people who know more than you. And practice, go socialize with people every night, start going to charity events and strike up conversations with people. Within a couple months your life will be so different if you would just do that.

And for gods' sake, buy yourself a cool car, please. Don't take your wealth for granted and not enjoy it, you could literally drop dead while you sleep tonight. Go buy that new corvette, or a porsche cayman s, or a lightly used 911 and go tear around in it, go to a skip barber driving school, go on scuba diving trips, African safari's, go salsa dancing in Columbia. Or whatever floats your boat, maybe even buy a boat, lol.

The point is, have a fun life that is filled with passion, and people will want to be a part of it. Your wealth gives you more opportunity to do that, most of us are trapped by poverty and can't do everything were passionate about. Of course thats just an excuse most of the time, your living proof that where there's a will there's a way.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
I don't have any advice on how to find a woman, but I would say do NOT reveal that you are wealthy. You don't want to end up with some gold digger who will marry you then divorce you and take half your money. In fact, if I were you I don't know if I'd get married at all.

Why don't you hang out in places that intelligent women hang out; someone who will recognize and appreciate your mind? I don't know where that would be - libraries, bookstores, universities? Instead of trying to develop a relationship, just start with making friendships that could grow into something else, and don't act desperate or try to push it.

My first thought was you need someone like Amy on Big Bang Theory! Where did Sheldon find her? At the university? Do you have a bachelor's, master's, PhD? Could you go back to school and take some classes toward a master's or PhD where you might meet someone whose intellectual abilities match yours? Because I don't think you are going to be happy with someone who can't hold their own with you intellectually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.