Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 03:08 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Hey for a guy who doesn't get hit on a whole lot when it happens its sort of a huh wtf moment. Especially when its so blatant. Its not like I get hit on every day.
I can think of 3 times in the past that I have blatantly hit on married men (didn't know beforehand that they were married) and all 3 reacted like they were absolutely dumbstruck. This perplexed me too. I can only guess that this is because they never get hit on, and maybe felt attracted to me and didn't know what to do with all these feelings.

Nowadays, I think before I flirt with someone (which is rare anyway, I'm bad at it) and would find out if they are taken before opening my mouth.

Last edited by srjth; 12-14-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 05:52 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
She was just talking too much and you are making a completely different story of it.
Maybe she just REALLY needed to sell you the carpet to get Christmas bonus?
No you don't get it. I had already purchased the carpet. I was just there to sign the work release so their contractor had the ok from the warehouse to have the carpet delivered to them so I don't get charged the pick up fee. She wasn't my initial sales person. That was a old guy who sold me the carpet. And no he didn't hit on me. Either way this just proves men will never get what women are thinking or doing. Because it's probably the exact opposite of what we men think it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why was your wife in the car?
She hates Home Depot. We have a agreement. We don't drag each other into the places we shop at. Well she can't walk for too long she has a issue with her hip and spinal stenosis so walking for long distances is painful and we were going out to dinner

Old 12-16-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It's all because you are an electrician. She was hoping she could get some free work out of you. She has some projects she could use your help on. Sockets and plugs and ground flow interrupters. And such.
Yeah that's a possibility. We just switched to these damn orange shirts at work and when I go into Home Depot people always come up to me asking for help. The best is at Lowes. I get anlornof double takes and people look around and you know they are thinking am I at homedepot or lowes.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:40 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
A woman (customer) at HD was inquiring about the goods for the electric fence I was buying. Asking me what I planned on using it for and if I was going to install it myself. She was a dark haired beauty with two kids and I told her I needed the fence to keep the wife in the yard. She actually saw the humor in that.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:44 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I can think of 3 times in the past that I have blatantly hit on married men (didn't know beforehand that they were married) and all 3 reacted like they were absolutely dumbstruck. This perplexed me too. I can only guess that this is because they never get hit on, and maybe felt attracted to me and didn't know what to do with all these feelings.

Nowadays, I think before I flirt with someone (which is rare anyway, I'm bad at it) and would find out if they are taken before opening my mouth.
How do you do that?
"Excuse me, are you married or otherwise involved in a relationship because I would really like to flirt with you."

Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
How do you do that?
"Excuse me, are you married or otherwise involved in a relationship because I would really like to flirt with you."
You glance at their ring finger.

Why don't guys know this trick?

Old 12-16-2013, 06:59 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,724,563 times
I have advised more then one women that was looking to meet a fellow, that the big box hardware stores were full of men customers. Just stand around looking at something and if a guy that looks good to you passes by, step out and ask do you know anything about this thingy. Something simple like a power strip in the electrical department.

I had a male friend that said he "met" women sales clerks in a nice, major department store. He chats them up about something.

I know another male that looks for women that appeal to him checking out at Walmart/Target/etc. He buys something small. Gets in line behind one and starts up a conversation. If it goes no where he says.....oops I forgot something. Gets out of line, wanders the store for a few minutes then tries another line.

As far as the married, etc. questions, they come after the initial smile, say hello, make nice, get a reply, chat some, etc. Relationships 101. It is not like you are on a date. Easy to say thanks, nice meeting you, etc. and bye.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:06 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I know another male that looks for women that appeal to him checking out at Walmart/Target/etc. He buys something small. Gets in line behind one and starts up a conversation. If it goes no where he says.....oops I forgot something. Gets out of line, wanders the store for a few minutes then tries another line.

As far as the married, etc. questions, they come after the initial smile, say hello, make nice, get a reply, chat some, etc. Relationships 101. It is not like you are on a date. Easy to say thanks, nice meeting you, etc. and bye.
You'd be surprised how difficult this is for a lot of the guys on this forum. Quite a few have said they'd never be able to do that. But how you describe is exactly how it's done. Too bad more men don't do this.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
A woman (customer) at HD was inquiring about the goods for the electric fence I was buying. Asking me what I planned on using it for and if I was going to install it myself. She was a dark haired beauty with two kids and I told her I needed the fence to keep the wife in the yard. She actually saw the humor in that.
Lol

Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You glance at their ring finger.

Why don't guys know this trick?
I know the trick.

I glance at the ring finger of most women that I talk to (that I am attracted to).

Now, not all married people have rings (I found that out).

I can see how some people are not comfortable wearing a ring on their finger. However, I'd rather they had it on so that I know just in case I find myself flirting with someone who is spoken for.

It's not whether or not the man is going to stomp on me, it is a certain code I have.

Ring on Finger: Never mind.
No Ring on Finger: Maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships