Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

Now, not all married people have rings (I found that out).

I can see how some people are not comfortable wearing a ring on their finger. However, I'd rather they had it on so that I know just in case I find myself flirting with someone who is spoken for.
Yes, EXACTLY! The ring peek isn't a foolproof method, but it's all we have to go by. And it's definitely NOT HELPFUL when married people don't wear their ring!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 09:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Its a great place to hit on men.
-I nailed it to the floor-
-That screw was loose so I then twist it.-
-The hook up was weak-
-I ran out of nuts-
-I can't find the right wood-
-Beams might need to be inforced with poles-
-Carpets need proper maintenance.-
-Hammering it isn't working may need to drill.-

Old 12-17-2013, 11:24 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
How do you do that?
"Excuse me, are you married or otherwise involved in a relationship because I would really like to flirt with you."
No, just start talking to him in a friendly way (read: less blatant) and during the course of conversation find out if he's taken. If I can't find that out in an easy way, then I just assume he's taken if he's over 35 (as most men are). I've learned my lesson.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:34 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
No you don't get it. I had already purchased the carpet. I was just there to sign the work release so their contractor had the ok from the warehouse to have the carpet delivered to them so I don't get charged the pick up fee. She wasn't my initial sales person. That was a old guy who sold me the carpet. And no he didn't hit on me. Either way this just proves men will never get what women are thinking or doing. Because it's probably the exact opposite of what we men think it is

She hates Home Depot. We have a agreement. We don't drag each other into the places we shop at. Well she can't walk for too long she has a issue with her hip and spinal stenosis so walking for long distances is painful and we were going out to dinner
Pay no attention to people who rain on your parade! They are just jealous, and they skulk about Home Depot hoping to get hit on!

Leave the woman's card visible in the car, and I bet your wife will knock back a few ibuprofen and happily shop at the HD with you! haha

Old 12-17-2013, 12:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
No, just start talking to him in a friendly way (read: less blatant) and during the course of conversation find out if he's taken. If I can't find that out in an easy way, then I just assume he's taken if he's over 35 (as most men are). I've learned my lesson.
I'm doing that with a certain woman I have on mind. Very pretty, I don't see a ring on finger, and she never mentioned anything to me about a husband, (we talk a lot, she goes out of her way for me to talk) yet she looks like she is at that age that she would have someone.

Someone that pretty?!

If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

Besides, there is another woman whom I know is single and... I'm really anxious to find out what she wants to know about me. (I also feel we are more right for each other.)

Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You glance at their ring finger.

Why don't guys know this trick?
Because some don't wear wedding bands/rings, I know this because I am one of them.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:33 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, I have cashiers tell me "Nice to see you" fairly often, as well. I guess, when you're hot, you're hot! (*coo* preen)

The last study I seen said 93 percent of communication effectiveness is determined by nonverbal cues.

If your any good you can tell when a girl hit on you vs go away you strange strange guy.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
If she was in the plumbing department could have offered to clean your pipes. If she was in the electrical department, she could have offered to remove your shorts.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If she was in the plumbing department could have offered to clean your pipes. If she was in the electrical department, she could have offered to remove your shorts.
Or if she works at Starbucks you can say you love to sample her muffin .

Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Or if she works at Starbucks you can say you love to sample her muffin .
And specify extra frothy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships