Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 04:38 PM

275 posts, read 773,407 times

Advertisements

I was discussing this with my husband today. Do you think less of attractive man if he is dating/married to an unattractive woman? The issue came up because I have a supervisor at work. This guy is physically very attractive. He is tall, dark and really handsome. He has a great personality - very charming, social, real alpha male. Females at work are constantly vying for his attention. Only strange thing about this guy is that we have never met his wife. He does not bring her to any of the functions and despite many pictures of his children, he doesn't have a single picture of his wife in his office. So this has always been a source of speculation in the office. Well, recently I saw a picture of his wife and she is not really attractive at all. I am not a shallow person but I was shocked. The fact that he doesnt care about looks shows he really is a nice guy but part of me asks what is wrong with him? He could have done so much better. Also, why hide her from everyone at work? That would bother me if I was the wife. My husband and I are probably at same attractiveness level which is usually the case with most couples. I think when we see a really beautiful woman with an unattractive guy we assume he must be rich. Do you feel something is off with a guy who married an unattractive woman?

Old 12-14-2013, 04:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
He sees something in her that he didn't see in other women and was in love with her.

I don't see a problem with it at all if she makes him happy.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:44 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvictoria View Post
I was discussing this with my husband today. Do you think less of attractive man if he is dating/married to an unattractive woman? The issue came up because I have a supervisor at work. This guy is physically very attractive. He is tall, dark and really handsome. He has a great personality - very charming, social, real alpha male. Females at work are constantly vying for his attention. Only strange thing about this guy is that we have never met his wife. He does not bring her to any of the functions and despite many pictures of his children, he doesn't have a single picture of his wife in his office. So this has always been a source of speculation in the office. Well, recently I saw a picture of his wife and she is not really attractive at all. I am not a shallow person but I was shocked. The fact that he doesnt care about looks shows he really is a nice guy but part of me asks what is wrong with him? He could have done so much better. Also, why hide her from everyone at work? That would bother me if I was the wife. My husband and I are probably at same attractiveness level which is usually the case with most couples. I think when we see a really beautiful woman with an unattractive guy we assume he must be rich. Do you feel something is off with a guy who married an unattractive woman?

Maybe she's brilliant... maybe she's fascinating... maybe she has a great career... maybe he's not a shallow jerk? Who knows?

You saw ONE picture of her. Maybe it was a bad picture and she looks better in person?

I know plenty of people who don't photograph well. My husband doesn't keep pictures of any of us in his office, but it's not to hide us. Hell, our wedding pics alone are gorgeous. LOL. I have figured out how to photograph myself over the years to maximize my appearance in pictures because I tend not to be one who likes to pose for them.

Maybe this man's wife never sorted that out and really doesn't give a crap?

Old 12-14-2013, 04:45 PM

663 posts, read 777,923 times
What is the point of vying for his attention if he is already married?

That sounds like a waste of time to me.

If I saw a woman with a ring, that to me means...stop wasting your time and move on.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post

Because some women are stupid idiots?

Old 12-14-2013, 04:47 PM

Another possibility is that this guy and his wife have been together for a long time and he used to be more of an ugly duckling. Some people grow into the ability to dress properly and wear the right haircut.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:50 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Who knows? There could be so many things going on.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvictoria View Post
Could easily have met and married her when she was attractive and now with kids she gained weight. Could be first love or she was there for him during a particularly bad time. Physical attractiveness is important but it isn't everything.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post

If I saw a woman with a ring, that to me means...stop wasting your time and move on.
Some women love chasing married men I guess. Or he's tall and handsome and it doesn't matter whether or not he's married, they just want to jump his bones.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:00 PM

275 posts, read 773,407 times
Well I actually agree with all the comments. Yes maybe she is better looking in person and has a really attractive personality. I don't know and when I analyze the issue I come to same conclusion. But my initial reaction was one of disappointment and I cant help with that. Anyway, I was just using this as an example to the general question I was asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.