Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 03:11 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,245,167 times

Advertisements

To the regular posters here on this forum, do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?

Has what others have posted here made a positive impact on your life?

Are you just here for entertainment and don't care either way?

I'm not trying to be sardonic. It's an honest question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 03:14 PM

52,444 posts, read 52,990,881 times
I try.

I know lovemountains does too.

People don't give a rip, they just want to rail on about what they rail on about and people rarely listen, I'm sure I have zero impact with my 2 cents....

Most of the time I just try and get my cheesy jokes out into the ether...........

Old 12-15-2013, 03:17 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Well, a lot of it's a waste of time, I guess, since most people are only pretending to want advice. In reality, they're just here to whine and get sympathy. But every once in a while, someone does get helped here, and they take the advice offered. And some of the comments are really good for a laugh.

I must say, as far as impact on my life goes, I've come to have a bleak outlook on the American male, or at least, a certain generation (or two) of them. I should know better than to let the madness here affect me like that, but it's kind of freaky. It can get to you after awhile. I guess that means it's time for a break.

How about you, OP?

Old 12-15-2013, 03:19 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,859,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
To the regular posters here on this forum, do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?

If I take a step back on a good day (like today) and consider the matter holistically, there are some female posters who are really good people. They really don't let looks control their choice of mates and have some genuine sympathy. They give me hope that I will meet someone similar in the real world, even if they are the minority.

OTOH, there are a lot of female posters who reinforce some of my negative opinions of people and even bring them to new heights.

I've been pretty negative during my stay here, but I have my good days and bad ones. My general advice to men I feel is good though.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,060,785 times
Quote:

No, no, yes.

if you pay enough attention, or have spent enough time on these forums, you'll find that most post creators only respond to the information they want to hear and put others down because those posters providing real help go ignored.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:20 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,780,468 times
I have no idea if anything I have said in any of my posts for the past 5 years I have been posting here, have made any difference to anyone. I liken it to a chatroom I used to frequent many years ago. The statements different people made, made me think about my religious ideas and they sowed the seeds that changed my life. Maybe something I have said has made someone think about their life in some way. Sometimes we never know how influential we were in someone's life, in a small way or even in a large way.

The few genuine posters who ask us for advice might not get what they wanted, but they certainly get something. I personally think many posters are trolls, much more so now that when I first started posting here, so many of my posts simply reflect my lack of regard for stupid people.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:20 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,832,973 times
I like posting here. I think I have learned things.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:23 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,245,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, a lot of it's a waste of time, I guess, since most people are only pretending to want advice. In reality, they're just here to whine and get sympathy. But every once in a while, someone does get helped here, and they take the advice offered. And some of the comments are really good for a laugh.

I must say, as far as impact on my life goes, I've come to have a bleak outlook on the American male, or at least, a certain generation (or two) of them. I should know better than to let the madness here affect me like that, but it's kind of freaky. It can get to you after awhile. I guess that means it's time for a break.

How about you, OP?
Ruth you know better than that. CD represents nothing but CD.

As for me, this forum tends to be entertaining at times and depressing at others. I would suggest to anyone to take a brake when there is an excessive amount of negativity. That's what I do. Of course some people handle it better than others.

Last edited by Ro2113; 12-15-2013 at 03:31 PM..

Old 12-15-2013, 03:29 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
Ruth you know better than that. CD represents nothing but CD.
Thanks, I needed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna;
I have no idea if anything I have said in any of my posts for the past 5 years I have been posting here, have made any difference to anyone.
LOL! You have fans, though. Your brutal frankness is appreciated by some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna;
I personally think many posters are trolls, much more so now that when I first started posting here, so many of my posts simply reflect my lack of regard for stupid people.
Yeah, it's getting to me, too. I go through fed-up kinda rude phases with the more inane posts.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:31 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,907,747 times
If it wasn't for this forum I would have never been able to say that I went out on dates, actually kissed a girl, actually got a girl naked, and I would still be bitter against the opposite sex. This forum got me off my a*$ and into the dating world. Even though I'm not actively dating, knowing that I'm desirable to some gives me a boost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships