Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 06:51 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,947,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
To the regular posters here on this forum, do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?
No. I tried really hard with Jay Watson, but he just refused to listen to anybody.

Quote:
Has what others have posted here made a positive impact on your life?
Not yet. But I have learned a lot and "some day" I will act on what I've learned. I think the key to that is to stop abusing the internet. That I think is the first step to my becoming healthy. The internet is my crack cocaine.

Quote:
Are you just here for entertainment and don't care either way?
For the most part, yes. A large part of what I post has an element of sarcasm and is me acting different from how I act in real life. For an example see my first post in this thread. I like getting attention, and that is why I am addicted to the internet. It's the only way I can draw attention to a "persona" of mine, and not have me myself the real me being judged by others. As I said, it is my crack cocaine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 06:52 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,461,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I am insecure and bitter. But I don't hate women. I believe in equality. I just get frustrated that I can't figure out how to get over my fear of social interaction. Sometimes that leads me to make snarky remarks about women on this forum. But I truly have sympathy and empathy for all women, probably more so than any other of the "insecure, woman hating, bitter little man children" that I am certainly considered to be among the ranks of.

No, Davros. I do not put you in those ranks. I'm not so certain the good women of CD do either.

Of course, I could have missed a few of your threads.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:53 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,947,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
No, Davros. I do not put you in those ranks. I'm not so certain the good women of CD do either.

Of course, I could have missed a few of your threads.
Thank you. But, yes, you probably have missed a few of my threads, including possibly my most recent one.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 PM

31,164 posts, read 22,186,382 times
I would not say impact but I assign a lot of value to what Lovesmountains and Djuna have to say. Two different viewpoints but I think both are consistant in their posts and both have a good a moral(for lack of a better word) compass. I really value the posts that make me stop and rethink my position (relates to many topics). I also appreciate Raena's extremely quick Wit on almost any topic

Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 PM

434 posts, read 686,113 times
[quote=Chowhound;32626312

And as usual the scumbags come out and have to criticize the guy.... makes my blood boil at times, times when I think I have to GTFO of this place......[/QUOTE]

I was surprised at the criticism directed at the pink tutu man. I thought he was great.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Thanks LS and I appreciate your different views on topics. Made me think many times.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:04 PM

It's like she has a 6th sense for compliments.

Swear to God.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:10 PM

31,164 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Already?

I'm a white-collar professional. I'm working on a 2nd master's degree. I'm not bored or a housewife and my advice is fabulous.
Many assumptions made, me thinks. Male Aerospace Engineer here. I must get on here when my Bored inner unemployed housewife wants to get out.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Impact? Nothing.

It's a cluster of bored housewives, retired people and unemployed people exchanging reps and giving "advice".

The real use of C-D is in the state and city boards.
Good luck in your job hunt.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Good luck in your job hunt.

LMAO!! I know. I was thinking "So...which one of these things is he then?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships