Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 06:15 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,031,748 times

Advertisements

Yes many enlighten me when I was down. Many made me laugh my azz off. Some I got caught up in arguing then realized I needed to remember I'm not"that guy". I was notified by a poster to get great tickets to a comedy show as a christmas gift 2 yrs ago. I introduced a perfect couple for each other and they married. Another poster has great fashion sense. I learn tons. And give mine. Many I made friends with. And I like the Pa and political threads. Even though they get crazy. But I learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 06:20 PM

52,444 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I try to keep in mind that 90% of forum readers never post. And some of them are probably a lot more open to new ideas than some of the people who do post.

I have learned some stuff. People here are on average far more conservative than people I encounter locally / IRL. That has been an education. It's still kind of amazing to hear how insular people are, how they have no idea that the way things are done in their hometown are not the way they are done everywhere. And of course people keep saying that to me, too.
Do you mean sexually conservative???

I think people aren't either liberal or conservative, I think it's more nuanced than simple black and white.

I've been called conservative on here a few times, but my views on certain things would make a conservative faint.....

So it doesn't always go one way or the other.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:23 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,347,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If it wasn't for this forum I would have never been able to say that I went out on dates, actually kissed a girl, actually got a girl naked, and I would still be bitter against the opposite sex. This forum got me off my a*$ and into the dating world. Even though I'm not actively dating, knowing that I'm desirable to some gives me a boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good news.....

Absolutely...great news and I was thinking the same thing when I read it! It is good to read that someone here has received input/advice that has impacted an important part of their personal life...sweet!

Old 12-15-2013, 06:37 PM

434 posts, read 687,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Impact? Nothing.

It's a cluster of bored housewives, retired people and unemployed people exchanging reps and giving "advice".

The real use of C-D is in the state and city boards.
This is the type of post people make that force others of us to long breaks from this forum. We can only take so much of the "bad" with the "good" before we find ourselves responding negatively too often.

I fit none of the criteria above you used to describe the posters on this forum. I am male, employed fulltime, and at least 15 years from retirement.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:40 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,465,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
This is the type of post people make that force others of us to long breaks from this forum. We can only take so much of the "bad" with the "good" before we find ourselves responding negatively too often.

I fit none of the criteria above you used to describe the posters on this forum. I am male, employed fulltime, and at least 15 years from retirement.
Agree! I don't fit any of his lame assumption criteria either and I'm sure that applies for a reasonable amount here.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:41 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,957,136 times
I don't listen to anybody because my intelligence level is far above ...

I am a scumbag ...

Old 12-15-2013, 06:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,534,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
To the regular posters here on this forum, do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?

Has what others have posted here made a positive impact on your life?

Are you just here for entertainment and don't care either way?

No.

No.

I don't care either way.

[it's the internet!]

Old 12-15-2013, 06:45 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,165,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
If I take a step back on a good day (like today) and consider the matter holistically, there are some female posters who are really good people. They really don't let looks control their choice of mates and have some genuine sympathy. They give me hope that I will meet someone similar in the real world, even if they are the minority.

OTOH, there are a lot of female posters who reinforce some of my negative opinions of people and even bring them to new heights.

I've been pretty negative during my stay here, but I have my good days and bad ones. My general advice to men I feel is good though.
Just to respond to this --

I hope you will have hope, and also I hope you come to realize that women who care about a man with substance and heart are actually in the MAJORITY.

You will notice that women with a superficial outlook, vis a vis appearance, generally are told upfront that they are petty and shallow, and do NOT reflect well on their gender.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 PM

52,444 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post

I agree.... there's a thread about a guy dressing in a pink tutu and taking pics of himself just solely for the purpose of trying to cheer up his wife who is battling cancer....

And as usual the scumbags come out and have to criticize the guy.... makes my blood boil at times, times when I think I have to GTFO of this place......

Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
chaulk full of insecure, woman hating, bitter little man-children.
I am insecure and bitter. But I don't hate women. I believe in equality. I just get frustrated that I can't figure out how to get over my fear of social interaction. Sometimes that leads me to make snarky remarks about women on this forum. But I truly have sympathy and empathy for all women, probably more so than any other of the "insecure, woman hating, bitter little man children" that I am certainly considered to be among the ranks of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships