Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:10 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,217,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
It is now 6 hours. He better calls me back or else!
Just stop worrying about it and do something else. It's probably for the best at this point if you let him go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 01:11 PM

157 posts, read 253,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Just stop worrying about it and do something else. It's probably for the best at this point if you let him go.

I am letting him go...I just made a note

Old 12-16-2013, 01:41 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,301,338 times
i like to reply quickly to a girl but i dont really feel the need to text her everyday , if she text me little things , il reply immedietly however

Old 12-16-2013, 01:44 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I personally think we are too wired and too connected these days, I know for me my work phone is always going off, emails or texts or just plain old fashioned calls.

I want to disconnect a bit...

To answer the question, I think a day is acceptable. I have a coworker that if I don't respond back to his texts within a few minutes, he gets all pissy....

So each person has their own threshold, apparently.
The one of the things I like about diving (and going out on a live-aboard). You go out to sea for several days... there is no cell reception, no internet, you are completely cut off. It's a great feeling of freedom that's hard to explain.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM

389 posts, read 693,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
Guys/Gals, if you really like someone (you are not in a relationship with yet), how long does it take for you to reply?

Would you be upset if someone doesn't return your call/text within 24 hours?

For me, he/she had to see the missed call/text within 24 hours and not reaching back within that time frame means it's a clear sign that person is not interested. What do you think?
I was taught it is proper to return a call/email within 24 hours, but not before 9 A.M. or after 9 P.M. (unless you know the person well enough to know they'll be awake before 9 A.M./after 9 P.M.), and this is regardless of whether the relationship is romantic or not. It's simply good manners, and I'm truly shocked at how often nowadays even professionals violate this guideline.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:09 PM

22,617 posts, read 47,750,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe123 View Post
I was taught it is proper to return a call/email within 24 hours, but not before 9 A.M. or after 9 P.M. (unless you know the person well enough to know they'll be awake before 9 A.M./after 9 P.M.), and this is regardless of whether the relationship is romantic or not. It's simply good manners, and I'm truly shocked at how often nowadays even professionals violate this guideline.

Whose guideline is this? Who taught you that?
I have never heard of it, and I am sure others have not either.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
You can text/call whenever in the beginning. When dating regularly, then absent suddenly means emergency happened or he/she is not into you.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:21 PM

50 posts, read 97,718 times
Random thought as I just read through all five pages... when he said "talk to you tomorrow" did he specifically say "Call me tomorrow?" Did he state a time? Does he work 9-5 (and cant receive personal calls during that time? Does he know your number? If this is a new situation, without the voicemail, he may have no idea who called ... Personally, unless their is a message, if someone calls from a number I don't know, I just ignore it. (at least in the moment ...)

That being said- the way you obsessed over this - I think its best you just let it go ... perhaps its your intuition telling you its a no-go.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:23 PM

50 posts, read 97,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Whose guideline is this? Who taught you that?
I have never heard of it, and I am sure others have not either.

I was raised the same way ... After 9am and before 7pm. Especially if you don't now the person well (eg friends)

Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 PM

157 posts, read 253,430 times
He called. He is dropping by in an hour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships