Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM

52,455 posts, read 53,011,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Not even fwb, more like cereal dater.

I'm not into that either.
Cheerios, Golden Grahams, Fruit loops....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 06:08 PM

48,709 posts, read 35,216,072 times
Quote:
Not even fwb, more like cereal dater.

I'm not into that either.

The police are looking for cereal killers, they are hot on the trail of Snap, Crackle and Pop. Victims have been Lucky, The Rabbit and Tony the Tiger.

The whole situation really Frosted My Flakes.

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-21-2013, 06:13 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,045,989 times
I changed it. I personally like lucky charms.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:22 PM

6,887 posts, read 7,952,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
My son and I were having a conversation today. He was asking me if the next woman I go out with will have kids. I had to explain to him that I am not opposed to dating a woman who has kids. But to me, there is a big difference in dating a woman and dating a woman in hopes of a partnership, so kids really wouldn't be an issue regardless.
Well, yeah, but....how do you know if someone you've been dating becomes a woman you hope to have a partnership with?

you make it sound a bit like a woman in category A will never be allowed into category b. Is that how guys see it? because although I'm okay with casual dating without a commitment or exclusivity, the truth is I have a hard time maintaining that category A relationship with a guy who can't fit into category B. (I've tried) It would feel like I was settling just for the sake of dating.

You are smart to not want to rush right into anything particularly committed at this point! I mean, if we went out and you were all into the idea of us being a match made in heaven, I would be thinking you were an idiot who hadn't recovered from his divorce yet. (I dated that guy last year)

On the other hand, i would be pretty disappointed because although I am okay with being in category A, part of me is always going to worry I'm wasting my time if there is no potential for me being in category B.

I've been divorced 7 years now. Not sure I ever dated a single guy who is as level headed as you sound.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:36 PM

887 posts, read 1,104,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Well, yeah, but....how do you know if someone you've been dating becomes a woman you hope to have a partnership with?

you make it sound a bit like a woman in category A will never be allowed into category b. Is that how guys see it? because although I'm okay with casual dating without a commitment or exclusivity, the truth is I have a hard time maintaining that category A relationship with a guy who can't fit into category B. (I've tried) It would feel like I was settling just for the sake of dating.

You are smart to not want to rush right into anything particularly committed at this point! I mean, if we went out and you were all into the idea of us being a match made in heaven, I would be thinking you were an idiot who hadn't recovered from his divorce yet. (I dated that guy last year)

On the other hand, i would be pretty disappointed because although I am okay with being in category A, part of me is always going to worry I'm wasting my time if there is no potential for me being in category B.

I've been divorced 7 years now. Not sure I ever dated a single guy who is as level headed as you sound.
Thank you Stagemomma.

I see a lot of posts/threads on here where people just seem determined to find that one person. At this point, for me, I am not. When I'm ready to go out and date, I don't expect to be closed minded to finding that special woman, but it is not going to be a priority of mine, by any means. If the right woman comes a long, I hope I would be able to figure it before I'd take the risk of loosing her.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:05 AM

6 posts, read 5,350 times
I really dislike the idea of FWB. What it really means to me is that one person is in it for sex UNTIL the right person comes along. It is like saying: Your good enough for now, for sex, but once I find the right person that I actually want to be more serious with, I'll be gone and there should be no hard feelings. FWB works much better for men, IMO, than women because men think more casually of sex. Most women don't want that casual of a relationship because we attach emotions to sex. As an older woman, I would understand and date a man who did not want marriage, but still wanted an exclusive relationship. I would not date a man who wanted to have casual sex with multiple partners. If I have sex with a man, I want him to care enough about me and have enough respect for me to be faithful. I've been lied to and been on the receiving end of someone who just wanted FWB, and it hurt me deeply--particularly the dishonesty. If that is all you want, be honest about it....even if it means you won't be having sex.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:31 AM

10,929 posts, read 11,781,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Thank you Stagemomma.

I see a lot of posts/threads on here where people just seem determined to find that one person. At this point, for me, I am not. When I'm ready to go out and date, I don't expect to be closed minded to finding that special woman, but it is not going to be a priority of mine, by any means. If the right woman comes a long, I hope I would be able to figure it before I'd take the risk of loosing her.
It's clear to me, but not that clear for people desperate to mate or those just into scoring.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:38 AM

6,887 posts, read 7,952,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2014 View Post
I really dislike the idea of FWB. What it really means to me is that one person is in it for sex UNTIL the right person comes along. It is like saying: Your good enough for now, for sex, but once I find the right person that I actually want to be more serious with, I'll be gone and there should be no hard feelings. FWB works much better for men, IMO, than women because men think more casually of sex. Most women don't want that casual of a relationship because we attach emotions to sex. As an older woman, I would understand and date a man who did not want marriage, but still wanted an exclusive relationship. I would not date a man who wanted to have casual sex with multiple partners. If I have sex with a man, I want him to care enough about me and have enough respect for me to be faithful. I've been lied to and been on the receiving end of someone who just wanted FWB, and it hurt me deeply--particularly the dishonesty. If that is all you want, be honest about it....even if it means you won't be having sex.
Wait, I think you are confusing FWB with promiscuity....not the same thing. You can have a FWB and no other sexual partners. You just aren't having a romantic relationship. For people who aren't so good with emotional attachments, FWB works pretty well. You don't have unrealistic expectations of where the relationship is going. People who have multiple partners don't usually bother with the friends part.

FWB works best when it's mutual. I'm sorry you got burned on that...in your case that could not actually be called FWB if the other person wasn't honest about what they wanted.

As for women being more likely to attache emotions to sex than men...for every man in a FWB relationship that is working, there is also a woman. Nothing wrong with enjoying healthy sex with a partner you can communicate well with.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:10 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,619,697 times
Quote:
cereal dater.
Quote:
sereal dater.
Quote:
I changed it.
You changed it from the wrong word to not a word at all. Surely you have spell check on that thing and noticed the red line under the word? The word you're looking for is serial.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,388,263 times
I just love how people like to tidy up the "friends with benefits" moniker with more noble-sounding descriptors like "casual dating."

This has been discussed, to a degree, on the "stringing along" thread. As long as the woman knows upfront that you're looking for a FWB, no harm, no foul. Maybe. I think that some women have cloudy judgment, and they think that they can change a man's mind. Sex also complicates things a lot. This is a chance you'll be taking.

Also, get it out on the table, right away. First time you meet. If you just want a "casual dating" (FWB) arrangement, the woman needs to be informed about this so she can decide for herself if this is what she wants. I do suggest that you use the term "friends with benefits." Will you get many takers? Likely not.

I personally am not into the FWB mind of thinking. I recently got burned by this, big time. I would rather just be alone and spend time with my family and friends rather than get involved with a man like that. Life's too short to incorporate someone into it who I already know is not going to be there for the long haul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships