Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 12:37 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
According to the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, 45 percent of women reported a decrease in sexual desire. So 45 percent of husbands don't know what to do in bed...give me a break.
I would never ever want anyone to be put off by what I posted. God forbid a man with a fragile ego realize he might be lacking in his finessing efforts. I doubt it's possible for every male to be a fabulous lover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 12:40 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I would never ever want anyone to be put off by what I posted. God forbid a man with a fragile ego realize he might be lacking in his finessing efforts. I doubt it's possible for every male to be a fabulous lover.
It really doesn't take much. Men lose interest in pretty much the same numbers as women. It's still a minority of the population that does so, I'd guess.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:44 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

It isn't possible. Nor is it possible for every woman to be a good lover.

The key is being able to weed out the poor ones early on and then nurture relationships with the good ones.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:47 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
What you posted was fine to me. I am continually amazed by how easily people can get offended by stuff, mind blowing actually.

I've posted this before but you could post pics of a cute little newborn baby or a kitten and some jagoff here is gonna get upset by it or find some kind of fault.......

Old 12-24-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Women's desire decreases with every year of marriage, according to a recent study. (Of course there are plenty of exceptions, but in general this is true.) There's a boredom effect that contributes to this, especially if neither partner makes an effort to keep things interesting in some way.
How about more information re this new study. A study disproving famed in depth studies would make headlines. Only a cursory search on Google brought up several sites with contradicting material, such as The truth about female desire: It’s base, animalistic and ravenous - Salon.com

Old 12-24-2013, 12:51 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What you posted was fine to me. I am continually amazed by how easily people can get offended by stuff, mind blowing actually.

I've posted this before but you could post pics of a cute little newborn baby or a kitten and some jagoff here is gonna get upset by it or find some kind of fault.......

Well, yeah, as if human babies could be cute!

Old 12-24-2013, 12:53 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, yeah, as if human babies could be cute!
LOL....

I assume you're joking, of course...

Old 12-24-2013, 12:55 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Women's desire decreases with every year of marriage, according to a recent study. (Of course there are plenty of exceptions, but in general this is true.) There's a boredom effect that contributes to this, especially if neither partner makes an effort to keep things interesting in some way.
I'm not sure if this is the same study I read, hard to tell by your description. It said women begin to get bored with their partner within the first few years, and are "programmed" to seek novelty. So it seems that monogamy, or at least--the long-term variety, doesn't come naturally to either gender.

But I think with effort, a couple can make it work. A relationship needs to be nurtured, it can't be taken for granted that it magically operates on automatic pilot, somehow.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It isn't possible. Nor is it possible for every woman to be a good lover.

The key is being able to weed out the poor ones early on and then nurture relationships with the good ones.
So that's the secret? LOL

Old 12-25-2013, 12:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatlady View Post
Possibly due to lack of communication with the woman on the man's part. Communication creates a bond.

After years and years of trying...........she's given up.

Hard to find someone attractive if you don't feel close to them anymore even if they are a good husband.

It's not lack of drive, hormones, menopause, etc. Those are just excuses.
Amen, krazykatlady!

I get SO tired of online discussions about sexless marriages because, typically, everything is blamed on the women and their "lack of sex drives" (many online forum users, apparently, are also experts in sexual biology). Comments posted by men seem to come down to two arguments:

First, what a man finds sexually arousing is entirely legitimate and unquestionable ("men are visual creatures"). Therefore, if a husband loses sexual interest in his wife, it's HER fault because she hasn't worked hard enough (on her physical appearance) to keep his interest. His sexual indifference within the marriage is entirely justified.

Second, what a woman finds sexually arousing (emotional intimacy, communication, doing fun activities together, and yes, a good male physique certainly helps) is trivial and nothing more than the silly fantasies of a spoiled princess. Therefore, when a woman loses sexual interest in her husband, there couldn't POSSIBLY be any understandable reason for it, and she's either defiantly "withholding" sex or has lost her sex drive altogether. End of discussion.

BTW, I'm not suggesting that physical appearance doesn't matter. Far from it. Both women AND men have a duty to stay attractive and fit for their mates. Very, very important. But what a woman needs to be able to feel sexually aroused is every bit as legitimate as what a man needs to feel sexually aroused. The truth is, that if a woman no longer desires sex with her husband (even if he's still attractive), there is a reason (s). And in most cases, there is NOTHING lacking in her sex drive. In fact, if anything, her sex drive is probably in overdrive. Believe me, married women can feel every bit as sexually frustrated as do married men.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 12-25-2013 at 12:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships