Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM

11 posts, read 22,610 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm thinking to add another gift to the gifts for my boyfriend- A selfmade calendar with pictures of us.

Details: I will buy a calendar (January, February etc.) which has empty spaces on every page to put pictures and stuff. I'm planning to put one picture of us together for every month.

My boyfriend is 30 and I'm 26. We've been together for 1.5 years. I'm not sure about it those... guys, would you like a gift like that? Or is it a bit too cheesy?

Would love to hear what you think. Thx!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 01:40 PM

887 posts, read 1,101,401 times
That's a pretty cool idea.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:43 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,371,830 times
I think its wrong! Lol I cant imagine it hanging on the refrigerator for family and friends to see; they would give me so much crap.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,974,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfalla88 View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking to add another gift to the gifts for my boyfriend- A selfmade calendar with pictures of us.

Details: I will buy a calendar (January, February etc.) which has empty spaces on every page to put pictures and stuff. I'm planning to put one picture of us together for every month.

My boyfriend is 30 and I'm 26. We've been together for 1.5 years. I'm not sure about it those... guys, would you like a gift like that? Or is it a bit too cheesy?

That sounds great!

My mom does that for me every year. I don't know where she digs up some of the pictures but it is very thoughtful.

Another idea can be times of the year you did things. Went camping in April, skiing in December... Etc.

Cool gift.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM

39,276 posts, read 27,671,721 times
Quote:
Hi,

sounds lovely

Old 12-18-2013, 02:00 PM

448 posts, read 765,336 times
Quote:
Hi,

Depends on how close you are. If you're the kind of couple that shares everything then its probably appropriate. Personally I'd think its kind of weird but would appreciate the thought and probably tell you I like it even though I'd never use it. I'm not the kind of guy that uses wall calenders and not knowing your relationship it might come off as a little "look at me".

At least its not as weird as a mug with your face in the bottom of it but I honestly think its heading into that region.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:07 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,998,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
Depends on how close you are. If you're the kind of couple that shares everything then its probably appropriate. Personally I'd think its kind of weird but would appreciate the thought and probably tell you I like it even though I'd never use it. I'm not the kind of guy that uses wall calenders and not knowing your relationship it might come off as a little "look at me".

At least its not as weird as a mug with your face in the bottom of it but I honestly think its heading into that region.
LMAO

This kind of thing really depends on your relationship though. I would think it was a unique idea and would probably use it at work or something.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:36 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,691,358 times
Its cute! We have had it done by a sister in law for a gift.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Get him some steaks

Old 12-18-2013, 04:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,019,314 times
I don't use any other calendar except for the one I have on my phone, so it's not a gift I'd 100% appreciate, though I would understand the thoughtfulness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships