Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 11:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmurphs View Post
Thank you for your very real and well-thought out answer! I have to say that I've always loved the idea of trying some of the things you mentioned (like hunting, fishing and four wheeling) but I just don't know any guys who do that kind of stuff! Any idea how to get involved in these kinds of things? Like state or county clubs or something? That might be a really dumb question haha but I just honestly have no idea >.< city girl here, as we all know!!!
Hunting/fishing- Look around for a local hunting/fishing club e.g. pheasant, turkey, duck hunting (e.g. Ducks Unlimited), bass fishing clubs - maybe they have clinics/trips open to the public? Call a gun range or hunting/fishing/outdoor store (e.g. Bass Pro shop, Cabellas, maybe L.L. Bean for fly fishing) to see if they have hunter safety classes, fishing clinics, trips, etc.

4 wheeling - call a dealer and see if they have any classes/trips. Maybe even take a motorcycle class. These are offered through the state and also dealers like Harley Davidson (I happen to have a motorcycle license).

Also, try horseback riding lessons if you don't ride. Hang out at the barn afterwards, maybe try amateur barrel racing...

Try as many activities as you can - you're bound to run into a country guy!

Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
But they sure know how to treat a lady. Plus you got to love the accents and they like a slower pace of life(perfect if you're ready to settle down).
I don't know, As a transplant from Boston that now lives in Jawja, I've dated both yankee and southern men. And by and large, the Yankee boys know how to treat a lady better. Not saying I require this, but the Northern guys were more likely to open doors for me. Also, the southern men tended to want a more submissive housewifey type. I'm going to stick with my Northern men from here on out.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:38 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Amen to that!! Ohio pretty much sucks in general and I'm all about leaving after I graduate. Right now North Carolina and Virginia are looking promising... Mostly because I'm looking for mountains and coasts relatively close to home, but I'm sure the selection of country boys isn't bad in those states either!

Let me guess: Ohio State, and you rarely, if ever, leave campus. Like people have said, draw a 20-mile radius outside the I-270 loop and you're in the country. Around West Jefferson, Pataskala, Delaware, etc. When the weather's warmer, take a drive on Rte 40 (not I-70) in either direction or ride out to the Hocking Hills for a weekend. You'll be soaking in outdoorsy, country folk.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:45 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Oh wow, I must have missed the part where she said "after I graduate." If she's a college student from out-of-state without a car, that helps explain the lack of awareness of her own surroundings. My guess is that if she thinks "Ohio pretty much sucks in general" she's going to think most areas with "country boys" suck.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Thank you for your very real and well-thought out answer! I have to say that I've always loved the idea of trying some of the things you mentioned (like hunting, fishing and four wheeling) but I just don't know any guys who do that kind of stuff! Any idea how to get involved in these kinds of things? Like state or county clubs or something? That might be a really dumb question haha but I just honestly have no idea >.< city girl here, as we all know!!!
Want my sons number?

Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 PM

108 posts, read 150,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Exactly. This woman wants a romantic, rugged, mythical American image of a country lad. When presented with a real one, she probably wouldn't touch him with a Macedonian sarissa.
OP has a highly romanticized image of a "country boy" that may have been derived from country music videos.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:37 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Some country men are romantic......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships