Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:25 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Label it how you want to, but the first part of my response is the most important reason to me. I was never taught not to cheat.
Hey, Im not attacking you. It is understood and accepted in some parts of the world and so it is a personal thing to you according to what you have seen, experienced, and learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 10:30 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
None of the answers really fit. I don't cheat because I am in love with him. If I am love with him, I don't want anyone else. I am a one man woman.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
There are many reasons that I don't cheat on my husband, primarily because I am deeply in love with him. I already have the most perfect-for-me man in the world, so I have zero interest in any other men. We give each other our complete trust, loyalty, support, love, and happiness. I cringe at the mere thought of violating something so beautiful.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
cool response!

Im just curious because there are so many types of people in this world but I really don't know if we will see any one admit to wanting to cheat but simply it is too expensive or don't have the opportunity.
I've seen some really bad sh@t man.

A friend of mine in college, his GF cheated on him with 2 different guys in 4 days and supposedly it was because she was feeling distant from him of some crap.

I mean people should have something happen to them for doing something like that, like be suspended for dating for a few years or have a toe cut off or something. Lol.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
None of the answers really fit. I don't cheat because I am in love with him. If I am love with him, I don't want anyone else. I am a one man woman. Equally important, I also wouldn't do anything purposefully to hurt him since one of my "goals" is to bring happiness to his life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
There are many reasons that I don't cheat on my husband, primarily because I am deeply in love with him. I already have the most perfect-for-me man in the world, so I have zero interest in any other men. We give each other our complete trust, loyalty, support, love, and happiness. I cringe at the mere thought of violating something so beautiful.
You see, the responses from women show me that I am right when I think women are more likely to cheat and cheat BADLY.

When things are going well, I agree women are likely to not cheat. But when they start falling apart, and you feel he does doesn't pay enough attention to you, or you are no longer attracted him, or having sex with him is like having sex with your brother (LOVE that one), what do women do?

They cheat and they cheat BADLY. With friends of their bf/husband and in the most f@cked up ways. They need their emotional holes filled.

When you rely so much on emotion in relationships, it becomes a really selfish game.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you not cheat on your wives/husbands or girl/boyfriends because:

a- It is out of fear that if they find out it may hurt the other person, or damage your relationship, and or alter your life (being lonely)

b- (being really honest) You have the natural desire but haven’t the opportunity because of a busy schedule or it simply hasn’t presented itself- but would want an opportunity

c- (being really honest) You have the natural desire but haven’t the opportunity because of a busy schedule or it simply hasn’t presented itself- glad the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet

d- According to your family or moral standards, it is bad to cheat and you abide by all moral values, standards, and principles

e- you would cheat but there is too much drama and expenses that come with cheating

f- Even though you want to cheat and think about it sometimes, you refer to morals to keep you at bay

g- You truly and really have no desire to be with another person sexually despite the possibilities of
promiscuity and cheating being in our genes according so some “research”

** EDIT**

h- You truly and really have no desire to be with another person sexually despite our natural curiousity or tendency to fantasize about others or celebrities

i- You are just not a sexual person to begin with so your SO sleeps good at night without any worries

Being honest- when I am in a relationship- I am at A & C. The desire is there but it is out of fear of hurting the other person and also because I am busy and don't put myself if those situations. But my mind runs oh so very often...
J - I don't cheat because I have no reason to. He is good to me.

It's not so much about a moral code as much as what feels organic to me. I am, by nature, extremely loyal. My guy treats me really well, so I have no desire to be with anyone else. My needs are being met.

I felt the urge in the past, many times, because my partners failed miserably at keeping up their end of the deal (I really knew how to pick 'em back then). Giving in or not depended on where we were at the time. I can tell you I didn't plan it or seek it out (not that it would have been wrong, it's just not my style). I gave in to it. And I gave in to it because my partner became a non factor in my decision to do so. I didn't feel any obligation to walk away from what I was feeling at that moment. And I have no regrets.

My personal moral code tells me that cheating is, generally, not a healthy thing. It means there is something terribly wrong, something that needs to be addressed and resolved. But it isn't always wrong.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Because I'm not an *******.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:00 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
To make a bad analogy, not cheating for a lot of people is like maintaining a healthy diet. A healthy person may get a whiff of the treats at the bakery or admire the cake in the window as they walk past, but they'd never consider going in and stuffing their face. It's not an option for them.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:02 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Interesting comments from some of the ladies.

"I won't cheat because I love him, or I have no reason to" it's not because, simply, it's just wrong betraying someone. So, when she stops loving you and or you give her a reason, she will cheat?

I know, the answers to my comment will be "I will just leave " but that's rarely the case.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:03 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I want to be with my husband only and would not trade him for any other man on this planet.
If I did not want to be with my husband I would not be with my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships