Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 PM

123 posts, read 151,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
It's a great idea - I've been cooking for my wife on anniversaries, birthdays, and Valentine's Day for about 20 years now. She's already put in her request for this year's meal.

Just make sure that your friend knows how to cook whatever he's planning on cooking. I have some friends who don't regularly cook and have tried really ambitious meals for special events. It invariable ends up being a stressful nightmare for them. Your friend should have cooked whatever he's planning on cooking once or twice before doing it for Valentine's Day. He should also get some flowers, nice wine, and a good dessert.

Additionally, if you talk to anyone who works in a restaurant they'll tell you not to go out on Valentine's Day. Restaurants are packed and frequently aren't serving their best food. As a general rule you should never go out for brunch on Mother's Day, go to a bar on New Year's Eve, or go to dinner on Valentine's Day.
Wow, thank you very much! Your suggestion are very good. And wish you have a wonderful Valentines day with your wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieyh View Post
Valentine's day is around the corner. One of my friend said that he want to cook for his girlfriend on Valentine's day. I guess that is very cool, it is better a candlelight dinner. So, i am wondering how many guys would love to cook for their girlfriend on that special day? Or would you take your girlfriend out and enjoy a wonderful dinner? Which do you think better? And why?
I would cook. It would be enjoyable for both of us. Women seem to appreciate the effort more, too.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 AM

258 posts, read 230,212 times
I certainly wouldn't. First of all, I suck at it. And second, cooking is a woman's job. Yes, I said it. Unless you're a professional chef but that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 AM

97 posts, read 147,243 times
Gosh, I read the thread title entirely differently.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Valentine's day is around the corner. One of my friend said that he want to cook for his girlfriend on Valentine's day. I guess that is very cool, it is better a candlelight dinner. So, i am wondering how many guys would love to cook for their girlfriend on that special day? Or would you take your girlfriend out and enjoy a wonderful dinner? Which do you think better? And why?
I cook for my wife and kids four or five times a week. On special days, we're going out somewhere.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:52 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Aw, I want someone to come over & cook for me now.....damn Valentine's Day

Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
I certainly wouldn't. First of all, I suck at it. And second, cooking is a woman's job. Yes, I said it. Unless you're a professional chef but that's a whole 'nother ballgame.
Ladies and gentleman, someone on the internet said it, so it must be true!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:11 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post

Additionally, if you talk to anyone who works in a restaurant they'll tell you not to go out on Valentine's Day. Restaurants are packed and frequently aren't serving their best food. As a general rule you should never go out for brunch on Mother's Day, go to a bar on New Year's Eve, or go to dinner on Valentine's Day.
This may be the case in big cities or large metro areas but not necessarily the case everywhere. The most complaint I heard around here in my city of about 40,000 is the wait time. I have family, friends, and coworkers who always go out on special occasions and over the years I cant remember anyone saying anything bad about the service or food. my own personal experience is pretty much the same, the places that are known for good food still serve good food on these busy occasions, you just have to wait longer for it. the places that are subpar or borderline tend to be even worst on these busy days of the year and most people around here already know about their reputation before hand. I'm just saying depends on where you live I guess and I'm sure some big city places have a good track records for knowing how to handle large occasions.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:13 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:

Well, since I actually like to cook, I'd prefer to cook for her on Valentine's Day -- unless there's a real good basketball game on TV.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:15 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I'd like my guy to cook for me rather than take me out on valentines day as it's more personal and intimate.
Allright, E, you don't have to beg. I'll cook for you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships