Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,198,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander321 View Post
I forgot to mention, She said we can be Lovey when I come to visit her and also when she comes home. what kinda bs is that? is she trying to make herself feel better haha?
Nah, she is just giving you enough string to keep you chasing. Do not go visit her, that will be the death sentence to your goal. Stop chasing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 02:37 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,198,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWC View Post
Cancel your flight and you get a credit with the airline valid for 1 year.
For your own sanity do this. Go visit one of your boys out of town or something. Seriously if you want her back you cannot go visit her.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:51 PM

841 posts, read 1,130,679 times
Regardless of why she is doing what she is doing, I think you should back off. Learn to be happy with yourself and your own friends. Don't chase after her. You said the relationship was great and the sex was great. If it was so great, why did she leave? Maybe the good sex was clouding your ability to see what was going on. People don't need to go off and find themselves at the expense of leaving a great relationship. It was probably more one-sided than you realized.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:30 PM

13 posts, read 12,121 times
Guys at work who date all the time, Want to set up a double date sometime this week should i try it?

Old 01-15-2014, 03:50 PM

863 posts, read 1,134,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander321 View Post
Guys at work who date all the time, Want to set up a double date sometime this week should i try it?
Why not? You're single now.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:02 PM

13 posts, read 12,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
For your own sanity do this. Go visit one of your boys out of town or something. Seriously if you want her back you cannot go visit her.
She has to be toying with me, because she doesn't delete our relationship status only hides it. text me good morning today tells me what she did last night with her family (who is down there for a few weeks with her). then asks if i want to come see her still sending me one of my text that says I don't think i am going to come visit. and says "i want you to come but you dont sound like you want too" and she has my dog down there too and continues to say "bear is trying to do your duty, he doesn't leave mamas side hehe" then says she is not being a stranger she doesn't have service. which she doesn't

Old 02-07-2014, 11:50 PM

639 posts, read 682,039 times
Consider why you two broke up in the first place. Do you just want him back just because you can't accept the idea that he does not want you? Or maybe you just like the idea of having a boyfriend? Or you really do like him? Were you (or both of you) abusive, controlling, mean, or possessive? Did one (or both) cheat? If any of these things happened, you'll want to think long and hard about going back to that kind of relationship, but if you do still want him back, try the following steps.
Be the person he fell in love with. He was attracted to you because he felt good with you, and you were fulfilling his emotional needs. How have you changed? Correct bad habits and mistakes, if any. Be positive around him. Laugh and smile. Always stay positive to feel good about yourself and make friends around you feel good because of you.
Don't even look like you're stuck in the past. Let him know you're moving on by going to the library class, your locker, and the gym, wearing clothes different from what you normally would. This will definitely make him think you are moving on with your life.

Prepare your first words. The first thing that you say to your ex boyfriend is extremely important. If you say the wrong words, you will lose the chance to get your ex boyfriend back. Do not react to his request for a breakup by crying and begging him to come back. This will not work. You are just going to make him feel more irritated with you and drive him further away. You need to understand that even though he initiates the breakup, there is a good chance that he still harbors good feelings for you.

Use the past to your advantage. If he complimented a particular outfit, wear it again. Or, share a lighthearted memory with him. If you have a chance to meet him, do it in a familiar place you used to enjoy good times together.

Listen carefully to his choice of words. He may say something unusual. If he ever uses an unusual or uncommon word, use it also in your conversations. This subconsciously tells him that he and you have a common way of talking.
Invite him to talk to you. Express regret that things didn't work out between the two of you. Ask him if you can talk about it now that you have some perspective.
Stop caring about how people perceive you. The fact is, it really doesn't matter. It's impossible to be yourself when you're caught up in wondering "Do they think I'm funny? Does she think I'm fat? Do they think I'm stupid?" To be yourself, you've got to let go of these concerns and just let your behavior flow, with only your consideration of others as a filter --—not their consideration of you.
If you just broke up (less than a couple of weeks) completely ignore him. He will call you if he still likes you. If he doesn't, then nothing you say or do will change that. (This works unless you are dealing with a guy who thinks that if you don't care enough to try to save the relationship. Sometimes, ignoring him makes him feel that you are perfectly fine without him and are moving on, which is the exact opposite of what you want when you are trying to get back with your man. Be sure you know exactly what type of guy you are dealing with when trying to get him back.)
Remember, no situation is hopeless. Every day, couples get back together regardless of the situation.

Find other things to focus on. If you focus your attention on a new activity, you will have less time to miss your ex-boyfriend. You will feel stronger and more in control of your life. If you are still in contact, your ex boyfriend will notice that you have "moved on" and hopefully will start having second thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships