Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 03:36 AM

495 posts, read 684,755 times

Advertisements

Head to the Philippines ma boy. A friend of mine went there in 2008 and he loved it. Its like its bizzaro world when it comes to dating. Women will come up to you and persue you for dating (not talking about prostitutes). He said it was wonderful to experience this male fantasy (sad commentary on western dating when this is viewed as a fantasy). He met a lot of wonderful women and plans to go back soon and hopefully get married and bring her back to the states. He would not recommend living there as it has a lot of problems compared to the states, but dating women there is out of this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
Head to the Philippines ma boy. A friend of mine went there in 2008 and he loved it. Its like its bizzaro world when it comes to dating. Women will come up to you and persue you for dating (not talking about prostitutes). He said it was wonderful to experience this male fantasy (sad commentary on western dating when this is viewed as a fantasy). He met a lot of wonderful women and plans to go back soon and hopefully get married and bring her back to the states. He would not recommend living there as it has a lot of problems compared to the states, but dating women there is out of this world.
How is it a sad commentary on western dating when a gal coming up to a guy and pursuing him is viewed as a fantasy by one guy? In my experiences/observations many gals come up to and pursue guys. I've seen plenty of gals go hard-core on my frat bros.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:24 PM

326 posts, read 313,880 times
You can have one of the most important jobs in the world and would die doing it.

If "she" deems it crummy, you're sunk.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,924,987 times
I'm in my mid 30s, ridiculously socially retarded, and make $9 an hour. Never had any kind of contact with the opposite sex.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,924,987 times
Quote:

That's because the culture is still of a traditional conservative Christian type. Although it's getting pretty westernized nowadays.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:49 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
That's because the culture is still of a traditional conservative Christian type. Although it's getting pretty westernized nowadays.
Bit curious as to the logic in that as I would imagine a traditional conservative culture would have the gals be passive as the role of the guy is to be the aggressor/leader meaning less gals would approach/pursue guys. If anything it seems adding in Christian type would further lessen gals approaching/pursuing guys what with the seemingly quick blast on female sexuality and looseness.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 PM

543 posts, read 534,296 times
Quote:
Meh. Let's not forget that you don't just marry a Filipino woman. You marry her entire extended family. At least from what I've seen.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:45 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Eh.

Socially awkward is why you're single.

Broke people with ****ty jobs date all the time, Meanwhile I make nearly 6 figures and used to be a professional athlete. I couldn't get a date until I forced myself to do things with people -- Go out to bars and talk to people, say yes to things co-workers and acquaintances invite me too, etc.

There were a lot of awkward, difficult times but I pushed through. I do just fine with dating now. Career is only an issue when things get serious.. Most women probably think I'm a broke ass ski-bum, I usually don't tell anyone what I do until I meet them.

Dressing nicer and working out helps a ton too..

Old 05-29-2014, 03:58 PM

540 posts, read 453,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
How is it a sad commentary on western dating when a gal coming up to a guy and pursuing him is viewed as a fantasy by one guy? In my experiences/observations many gals come up to and pursue guys. I've seen plenty of gals go hard-core on my frat bros.
Yeah. Frat bros. Not socially awkward guys with a lousy job. Why not go where you are wanted? Plenty of guys would love to be pursued by women especially for sex. I was there a few years ago and had a blast. I wouldnt recommend marrying as much but if you want a massive ego boost then visit there if you are a guy

Old 05-29-2014, 04:01 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Am I right? I seem to be proof that I'm right at least, lol.
Work on your social skills and get a better job. That was easy. ... NEXT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships