Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Brahmabull reincarnation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 PM

113 posts, read 275,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I've met lots of guys through friends but sadly, only one led to a relationship. The rest were a few dates, casual things. Oddly, online is where I've met guys who more so wanted a relationship which I never expected to find.

I would only date a guy at work if he was in another dept. too much drama otherwise!

Met guys at school and ya...one was a doosh ex marine, the other could have been really cool and was very attractive but he got super creepy and I was 18 at the time while he was 30.

Yea you've had quite a bit more success than I have obviously

I'm guessing none of these guys really turned into what you were looking for because you didn't care for any of them all that much

What are the traits you're looking for?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times
Most women want a bodybuilding car salesman. Too bad you're not one of those, you'd be knee-deep in it.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLightning View Post
Yea you've had quite a bit more success than I have obviously

I'm guessing none of these guys really turned into what you were looking for because you didn't care for any of them all that much

What are the traits you're looking for?
Sure, success in meeting men, but not in relationships. I want marriage and kids..not dates.

I tend to be attracted to clean cut, light skinned, hygienic, masculine men who are smart, blue collar, utilitarian types.

I wouldnt' rule out a white collar guy if he had manly hobbies though! lol.

Of course, I want what other women typically look for too.

the rest just depends on chemistry.

Those guys I didn't like, we didn't have that great of chemistry anyways.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:53 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Most women want a bodybuilding car salesman. Too bad you're not one of those, you'd be knee-deep in it.

eww gross. doosh central!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:24 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
Honestly, just focus on making lots of money and getting a sugar baby.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
man, if some of you guys would just grow some balls and talk to women then I wouldn't have to go online to meet men on/off the last year and a half or so...geeze!

Thankfully I have many interests so going to explore that soon. hopefully it expands my social circle and goes from there.
Wow how ridiculously self-centered.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Likely guys put so much more effort because generally guys have a higher sex drive and aren't content with solely masturbating while gals despite their sex drive likely would get more sexual gratification from masturbation than the male body.

Gals seem to see meeting somebody in the terms of relationships so it's more about quality which is about discerning and choosing while guys seem to see meeting somebody in the terms of sex so it's more about quantity and add in the higher sex drive and it's about getting some as much as possible.

I doubt there are lot of single women who are happy and totally single by choice as it seems most gals seek male companionship, intimacy, communication, and relationship.

I highly doubt most guys who are single are trying to date seems more likely that most guys who are single and have no to little sexual options are trying to date seeing it as a steady sex supply. I find most guys desire to be single as long as it means sex is involved.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:38 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,022 times
I've pondered where the successful, simply beautiful, sensible, old school valued with a splash of modernism hibernate....almost forgot - intelligible logic.

I'm not seeking too much, right?

Although one forward critical thinking, assertive, open-minded, healthy, quirky woman with midwestern charm could make me the happiest man on planet earth.

Simple-
predatory prowl done and over easy.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:45 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I pondered where the successful, simply beautiful, sensible, old school valued with a splash of modernism hibernate....almost forgot - intelligible logic.

I'm not seeking too much, right?

Although one forward critical thinking, assertive, open-minded, healthy, quirky woman with midwestern charm could make me the happiest man on planet earth.

Simple-
game over.
Some of the qualities you want don't go together. "old-school values" + open-minded, assertive" don't really go together. Nor do "midwestern charm" and "assertive", usually. "Quirky" and "sensible" don't really go together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships