Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
What if it's extreme? How does Janet Reno deal with the fact that thousands of immature boys pummel her self esteem on the internet? A lot of whom probably have no trouble getting women!
I'm sure the first female Attorney General in U.S. history is totally crushed knowing that little boys don't fap to her. She probably wipes her tears with one of honorary doctorates, letters of praise from world leaders, or stacks of money sitting on the nearest end table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 02:22 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
What kind of guys do you date? Do you pass up on guys that you consider "too nice"?

Maybe you should open up your scope a bit and date guys that you normally wouldn't.

Yes, ahem, well, I have made comments on the past on here that I am holding off from dating for a while because I have kids, and I may be wrong, but I fear several real things about dating and being a single mom. I don't know how other single moms have the time and energy to pursue dating AT ALL?
Maybe I'm weired because I'm even considering it?
I have been on a few dates since my divorce 7 years ago...and it had such a bad outcome, that I have to say thats where my fears began...with the men that I decided to date, and allow to be part of my life.
I hate to say it, I thought I was over the fear of what might happen, and what has happened...
But, as for the men I've dated, unfortunatly, I always seemed to pick the MOST likely to turn out to be douches.
What I have found out is that I have a lot of issues that come from a very dysfunctional background, that I somehow decided to carry into my adulthood with my partner selection, I don't feel sorry for myself really, just feel like maybe I'm not ready after all...
I have read TONS of books, about self improvement...tried a lot of different things to become more "attractive", and as I've mentioned I have kept from dating for the most part for the last 7 years, tried become better at me.
So, when I made that comment, although it might have seemed defeatist, it was kind of freeing, I can be single I don't have to feel bad about not measuring up, espaicely to the anonymous people who are quick to point out that single moms are like the plague or something...ha.
Maybe some are, but in order for me to have the energy to give my children without feeling heartbroken or rejected at some point, I just have to stay out of it.
Thats got to be okay for me, and I'm willing to accept that I'm wrong, if it means my kids never have to lose a father again.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:37 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,457 times
You know? I realized something today, that we all need to have MORE character about this...I feel strongly that while my choices are right for me at this time, it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but, by God, I'm not going to sell out.
I may be single forever, so, I'm going to use my time to try and be supportive of the men that I encounter here or anywhere else, and women too, I'm going to try to promote having decent values, raising the expectations of who you are, I would love to know that maybe I'm helping someone else to beleive that they can have some morals and values that give them the feeling that they aren't ugly or undesireable just because they don't get the kind of reaction they wish they could have from the opposite sex. That our value lies in our choices and our behaviors...not in the eyes of someone else.
I'm going to live my life in the way that I WISH more men would, with integrity, and character. I won't spend one more day wishing for something I may not have in a partner, I'm going to provide that for myself...
And I'm going to encourage everyone else see things at least somewhat like that. Stop worrying about what the opposite sex is doing to you, or has done to you...or how painful dating and relationships can be. There are more important things in life. Try to make your actions good ones for those who love you now, for yourself, for your future. I don't know else I can say?
I'm sorry I don't want to sad anymore?

Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
It seems like lately, only girls with kids are into me. :/

That is more psychologically ruinous, in my opinion.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 AM

339 posts, read 379,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
It seems like lately, only girls with kids are into me. :/

That is more psychologically ruinous, in my opinion.
Not a good sign when those with the fewest options are the ones who are into you.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Not a good sign when those with the fewest options are the ones who are into you.
Exactly. Unless they just feel like they have nothing to lose so they are more direct about it.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:25 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
IMO This wouldn't be as big if society didnt place so much weight of masculinity in your ability as a man to attract females

Old 01-28-2014, 06:29 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
IMO This wouldn't be as big if society didnt place so much weight of masculinity in your ability as a man to attract females
Its not weight its just what's expected and yeah it can be difficult especially for guys like myself. When I see a woman I think is cute I immediately start thinking she wouldn't want to bother with me and then I do nothing. Which is why I have never approached or asked out a woman. I realize something has to change but how is the difficulty.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
I've seen how girls act around guys they're attracted to. Never seen one of them act the same way around me. I'm friend-zone material at best. Women seem to enjoy talking to me, but I never sense any sexual chemistry.
Awwww...

It doesn't have to be...

I can see how it can cause one's heart to sink when it seems other men are getting reactions from attracted women, but not one woman even seems mildly interested. I've been there. I've also (lately) had women react attracted in ways beyond what I have seen with others.

Maybe... Find a style that suits you. If you are out of shape, try to get in better shape.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
I didn't read that into the OP at all. I think you're projecting your natural revulsion for the undesirable members of the opposite sex onto him.

Can you imagine what it would be like to never have had any person of the opposite sex show any interest in you?

No, of course you can't. You're a woman, women by and large don't have to deal with that.
It's a horrible feeling. Most people no understanding of it and take that for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships