Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 02:06 PM

322 posts, read 504,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
That's just dumb.

You have to start somewhere and giving the vibe of 'I don't want to be her friend' is going to get you a bad rep in the social scene.

Do the clerk idea.
It's dumb to you, but if a woman doesn't want to date me or rejects me, why would I want to be her friend? Answer that for me.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Ok so staring is rude and creepy?

After this comedy club event I went to, I was walking behind this super hot girl and looking at the guys.

Guess what? EVERY SINGLE one of them looked her up and down. The one's who had wives were a little more discreet and glanced for half a second. The guys who didn't have wives looked for a good 3 seconds. Even some of the wives stared at her.

It didn't matter how the girl would have reacted. I honestly don't know how you "react negatively" but it doesn't matter because I vouche that no matter how negative the girl acts...the guys would stare at her regardless. She was that hot.

So, by your logic EVERY SINGLE guy at the comedy club was CREEPY?
Everyone is creepy at some point in their lives.

I personally have never been called creepy, but I have behaved in ways and talked in ways that when I look back...

HOLD YOUR HORSES, CREEPO!!!

But I've never heard anyone call me a creep.

I imagine I was pretty creepy today after getting screwed over like I did.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:07 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Ok so staring is rude and creepy?

After this comedy club event I went to, I was walking behind this super hot girl and looking at the guys.

Guess what? EVERY SINGLE one of them looked her up and down. The one's who had wives were a little more discreet and glanced for half a second. The guys who didn't have wives looked for a good 3 seconds. Even some of the wives stared at her.

It didn't matter how the girl would have reacted. I honestly don't know how you "react negatively" but it doesn't matter because I vouche that no matter how negative the girl acts...the guys would stare at her regardless. She was that hot.

So, by your logic EVERY SINGLE guy at the comedy club was CREEPY?

Yes. They were all creepy. The single guys should have behaved exactly the same way the married ones did... quick glance, then look away.

Quick glance again if you really didn't get a good look the first time... if she catches you looking, avert your eyes unless she meets your glance and smiles or otherwise indicates that she is enjoying being looked at.

React negatively is...

You see a dude staring at you with his mouth practically hanging open... you shoot him the stink eye.

If he keeps staring, he's even creepier than he was for staring in the first place.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
Nope. I want to date women, I'm not trying to be their friend.

If you cannot be a friend to females, you'll never be a romantic partner with much success. Especially if you have a hurdle like "less attractive than the average guy" to overcome.

This might be a topic for therapy.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
The kids at school got so bad that one day a car full of jocks followed him home to start a fight for asking the girl out. So please don't tell me that its just not another way to shame outcast. Oh by the way my friend killed himself a year later.

Kids are jerks. I just said so. And it wasn't because he was ugly... it was because kids are jerks.

He could have just been poor or something. Kids pick any reason to be jerks sometimes.

I blame their parents.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I don't want to be her friend. Just being honest. Sorry if I come as mean.

Man, I'm 46, married, and I have a kid a year younger than you. I am not remotely insulted.

But, you have to trust me. If you cannot be friends with ANY women? You are never gonna find one that wants to date you.

Being able to be a friend to a female indicates that you respect them and aren't just looking for someone who who have sex with you.

If you are unable to do that, then you are sending a message that says "I just want women to use them for my own purposes, not because I LIKE women."

And yeah... that is CREEPY.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:11 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
It's dumb to you, but if a woman doesn't want to date me or rejects me, why would I want to be her friend? Answer that for me.
Are there no women you would be interested in getting to know but not date? Do you only want women for one thing? Are they just objects to acquire?

That's a turnoff right there. And women can spot it a mile off.

I would think you don't respect or enjoy women as people with something to offer other than sex or a beard to prove you aren't gay.

Do you have any sisters? What is your relationship with your mom like?

Old 01-27-2014, 02:12 PM

663 posts, read 777,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Yes. They were all creepy. The single guys should have behaved exactly the same way the married ones did... quick glance, then look away.

Quick glance again if you really didn't get a good look the first time... if she catches you looking, avert your eyes unless she meets your glance and smiles or otherwise indicates that she is enjoying being looked at.

React negatively is...

You see a dude staring at you with his mouth practically hanging open... you shoot him the stink eye.

If he keeps staring, he's even creepier than he was for staring in the first place.
Well...then all guys are creepy then.

The guys with wives wanted to stare but had wives with them and didn't want to offend her. The single guys didnt have wives so they could leer...and they did.

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
I don't want to be her friend. Just being honest. Sorry if I come as mean.
Awww come on!
Quote:
Oh hell yeah. I'll be his friend. I am a friendly person.

I have other friends his age... my eldest kid's buddies love to talk to be about their troubles.
He can call you mama #2. Lol
Quote:
If you cannot be a friend to females, you'll never be a romantic partner with much success. Especially if you have a hurdle like "less attractive than the average guy" to overcome.

This might be a topic for therapy.
I agree with the friends first.

322 posts, read 504,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are there no women you would be interested in getting to know but not date? Do you only want women for one thing? Are they just objects to acquire?

That's a turnoff right there. And women can spot it a mile off.

I would think you don't respect or enjoy women as people with something to offer other than sex or a beard to prove you aren't gay.

Do you have any sisters? What is your relationship with your mom like?
I don't have a relationship with my mom or sister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.