Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times

Advertisements

My husband JUST put a photo of us on his phone.
We've been together for more than 20yrs. Other than that, people don't even know I exist.

I guess I never gave it a second thought until I read your post. Doesn't bother me though. I have one family pic in my classroom and a few burried pics on my facebook acct, he doesn't exist either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 06:40 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshell View Post
Hi,

I don't know if I'm overinterpreting this, but for me it's just weird.
I've been with my boyfriend (almost 30) for more than 1.5 years, we don't live together, but spend almost all of our free time together. We're serious about each other and say I love you frequently, also have I met all of his friends and family and he has met mine.

Still, what I find weird- He doesn't have any picture of us or of me, anywhere. Not as a screensaver on his computer, not as a background picture on his phone, not on his table at home, not in his wallet, not on his iPad, nowhere. Pictures that we took on trips together he just keeps on a seperate saving device (I don't know how you call this), just as he does with all pictures he takes.
I'm not so crazy about social media, but I'll just also mention this- He doesn't use Facebook, but he uses Instagram, Twitter and Whatsapp and he also doesn't have any picture of us together on there, although he changes his pics there very often. I'm even worried that he might not put pics of us up on Whatsapp etc. because he doesn't want his exes or any other girls to see that he has a girlfriend. But of course, those are just my thoughts and I dunno if it's true. But as I said, that's not a big deal, but I thought I should mention it together with the part above.

I don't know, I just don't get it. I have a picture of us together as a background picture on my computer and on my phone. I don't expect him to do the exact same, but there are no pictures of me or of us anywhere. Because of his job he has to go to another city 2-3 days a week, so in those days he doesn't even have a picture of us to look at. Sometimes we skype when he's not here, but not very often. I suggested it a lot and when I ask we usually do, but he never asked, not even once, so I also stopped suggesting it. But we write a lot on Whatsapp.

Last but not least, he's not the most emotional guy I've met, I don't know if that plays a role. He says frequently that he loves me or misses me, but never over the top and he doesn't really like to talk about his feelings. He loves to cuddle though.

Well, I don't know what to think. Am I overanalyzing things here or would you also be a bit worried if your SO didn't have any pictures of you guys together or just of you anywhere?

Thanks for opinions.
Men and women are different. Stuff that is important to women is not important to men. If you are unhappy with this arrangement, ask him to put a picture of you and him on your computer. He simply has not thought about it. It doesn't mean anything except he is a man. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Hi,

I've been with my boyfriend (almost 30) for more than 1.5 years, we don't live together, but spend almost all of our free time together. We're serious about each other and say I love you frequently, also have I met all of his friends and family and he has met mine.

Still, what I find weird- He doesn't have any picture of us or of me, anywhere. Not as a screensaver on his computer, not as a background picture on his phone, not on his table at home, not in his wallet, not on his iPad, nowhere. Pictures that we took on trips together he just keeps on a seperate saving device (I don't know how you call this), just as he does with all pictures he takes.
I'm not so crazy about social media, but I'll just also mention this- He doesn't use Facebook, but he uses Instagram, Twitter and Whatsapp and he also doesn't have any picture of us together on there, although he changes his pics there very often. I'm even worried that he might not put pics of us up on Whatsapp etc. because he doesn't want his exes or any other girls to see that he has a girlfriend. But of course, those are just my thoughts and I dunno if it's true. But as I said, that's not a big deal, but I thought I should mention it together with the part above.

I don't know, I just don't get it. I have a picture of us together as a background picture on my computer and on my phone. I don't expect him to do the exact same, but there are no pictures of me or of us anywhere. Because of his job he has to go to another city 2-3 days a week, so in those days he doesn't even have a picture of us to look at. Sometimes we skype when he's not here, but not very often. I suggested it a lot and when I ask we usually do, but he never asked, not even once, so I also stopped suggesting it. But we write a lot on Whatsapp.

Last but not least, he's not the most emotional guy I've met, I don't know if that plays a role. He says frequently that he loves me or misses me, but never over the top and he doesn't really like to talk about his feelings. He loves to cuddle though.

Well, I don't know what to think. Am I overanalyzing things here or would you also be a bit worried if your SO didn't have any pictures of you guys together or just of you anywhere?

Thanks for opinions.
My wife kept a photo of us on her former desk, which now sits on this desk. Other than that we don't have photos of each other on display anywhere. I know what my wife looks like and when the day comes that I forget a photo is not likely to be of much help.
FWIW I don't like my photo taken and you will play hell trying to get me in front of a camera.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:55 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,734 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for opinions.
Even though it's a guy, you have reason to be concerned. Something is odd about taking a lot of pictures but not showing/posting any of them.

Most people have a picture somewhere. At home, on facebook, somewhere. Is it the end of the world? No. But something may be wrong. It's kind of a big deal. But not really. But if he doesnt have at least one memento that includes you that he looks at occasionally, There may be reason to be concerned.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 PM

11 posts, read 43,235 times
I would find a good picture of the both of you and find a nice frame for it. Wrap it up and give it to him as a gift. I bet he would put it out on a desk or table somewhere. He probably wouldn't do it on his own but if given a nice framed pic as a gift, I bet he would love it and put it out.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:14 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I dont think older men are too much into having photos of their girlfriends around. I think its more for the young 20's. I know a lot of married men, and dont know that any of them have photos of their wives around.

You said you spend almost all your free time together. What does he need a picture for?

Not. I had a 45 year old guy give me a super hard time because I had not put up any pics of him at my house.

Does this guy have other pictures around?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-27-2014, 09:35 PM

10 posts, read 80,468 times
He has a frame with a picture of his mom haha.. and one with his best friend. That's about it.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:38 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for opinions.
My husband and I have been together for 10 years married for 7 and we don't have photos of each other or together. I don't see it as an issue but we both know who we are both married to and committed so no photo is necessary for a reminder.

We do actually have one photo together and that is the day we got married and only because our friend badgered us into letting them take the photo.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:26 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,906 times
Quote:
Because of his job he has to go to another city 2-3 days a week, so in those days he doesn't even have a picture of us to look at.
Where is he staying when he's away from home?

Sorry, but a picture of mom and a picture of a friend - but no pictures of you sounds off to me.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,787 times
Gee-zu get a picture of the two of you, put it in a nice frame and give it to him as a gift. OR, just ask him why??? If this is the most challenging thing in your relationship, count your blessings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships