Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

I think the fact that you took her virginity has made her feelings stronger and hit faster.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 01:55 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
are you saying that in order to be properly in love with someone , you must be completely comfortable with telling them " I love you " several times per day ?
Maybe, maybe not, but part of being in a relationship with someone is dealing with their quirks and understanding that they may care about things that you don't and proceeding respectfully.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:31 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think the fact that you took her virginity has made her feelings stronger and hit faster.
I think you've hit the nail on the head.

It took me several months of feeling comfortable with the guy I lost my virginity to, so I can't imagine if it was only a week or two. Now it seems her feelings are on warp speed.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I think you've hit the nail on the head.

It took me several months of feeling comfortable with the guy I lost my virginity to, so I can't imagine if it was only a week or two. Now it seems her feelings are on warp speed.
She sounds like the type who will want a marriage commitment fairly quickly.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:08 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,457 times
Oh, now you've scared him off completely with discussion of the 'M' word!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:14 PM

92 posts, read 100,247 times
OP is lucky.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:31 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, some people are not emotionally detached from sex. Sometimes I suspect many people "learn" to be detached because of short-lived relationships & flings.

I think the OP should be honest, but in a gentle way. And yes, to a certain point, you have to accommodate someone else's preferences to have a relationship. It seems to me though, most people who are gushy will calm down in time naturally anyway.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:36 PM

322 posts, read 504,517 times
Quote:
been seeing a girl since early December of last year ( made first contact online towards end of October 2013 ) and we became official the second day of the new year

last sunday , this woman told me she loved me , she had been telling me I was " very special " to her for the previous two weeks and we had been spending on average two days per week with each other and have slept together around seven times so far

when she told me I was taken aback but within thirty seconds of hearing this I replied in kind , I sort of regret that she put me in this position , I like her very much but its obviously insanely soon to hear " I love you " , she says it to me all the time now and I feel under pressure to fire back the same , I don't want to sit her down and say " the I love you line " makes me feel uneasy " but I did prefer things before when we were so comfortable around each other while also being affectionate

my question is would it make this girl think that I don't like her anymore if I asked her to slow down a bit with the " I love you " stuff
She is a stage 5 clinger. RUN my friend. RUN fast!

Old 02-03-2014, 06:42 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
its nice knowing that she loves me but I wish we didn't have to declare it several times per day , I also don't like saying it over the phone or in a text , I need to be in her presence for it to have any meaning , I cant see that changing
YOu might want to check out the 5LoveLanguages website. Gives good advice on how people express their feelings in different ways...that may explain why she wants to declare it several times per day.

Honestly, if you aren't comfortable with it, you have to find a way to express it...and she will find a way to deal with it if she TRULY loves you.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 PM

n/a posts
Quote:
been seeing a girl since early December of last year ( made first contact online towards end of October 2013 ) and we became official the second day of the new year

last sunday , this woman told me she loved me , she had been telling me I was " very special " to her for the previous two weeks and we had been spending on average two days per week with each other and have slept together around seven times so far

when she told me I was taken aback but within thirty seconds of hearing this I replied in kind , I sort of regret that she put me in this position , I like her very much but its obviously insanely soon to hear " I love you " , she says it to me all the time now and I feel under pressure to fire back the same , I don't want to sit her down and say " the I love you line " makes me feel uneasy " but I did prefer things before when we were so comfortable around each other while also being affectionate

my question is would it make this girl think that I don't like her anymore if I asked her to slow down a bit with the " I love you " stuff
I've had this happen...but I couldn't say it back. I think I said 'thanks'...

IMO it is way too soon and if it were me, well I wouldn't have said it back unless I felt that, and if it was me in your position I'd just tell her:

"Listen, when you told me you loved me, I responded in kind but it was out of pressure. The more you say it, the more pressure I feel...so you need to stop and give me space before you wreck what I consider a good relationship"....

And that would be that. If she couldn't understand why...well, she wouldn't be for me anyways..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships