Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:21 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergirl92 View Post
We are both 40.
Thanks and now I would certainly say forget about him as that is not normal behavior. Maybe if you were in your teens or early 20's I could see a young guy acting that rude. I would not care why someone treated me that way because that would be the last time they would ever get my time of day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 04:18 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergirl92 View Post
I had a coffee date yesterday with a new guy. He was cute and the conversation seemed to go very well. Laughed and got along well. He stayed for a second cup of coffee and seemed to really click well. He seemed nervous, complimented me on how well I looked...etc. We had a lot in common and lots to talk about.

After the second cup we both had (over 2 hrs later), he kind of abruptly said I can't drink anymore and I have to go.

He got up, shook my hand and immediately left. Did not wait for me to get my coat/stuff...and just went out to his car and drove off. Didn't look back or hold the door open for me or walk to my car. Like he was really late for something.

Just seemed like a strange ending to a seemingly good meeting.

Haven't heard from him either (text, call or email).

Does this mean he probably isn't interested?

If so, I'm kinda sad. It was a really great connection after a bunch of bad ones...I was excited it was going swimmingly...but I guess I got the wrong impression.

Had that happened to you? Did the guy ever call/text? Just seemed really abrupt/strange.

Thanks!!!
Sounds like he might have had a bathroom emergency from too much coffee and was too embarrassed to tell you.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:50 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,137,280 times
At least the guy stayed with you for a couple of hours! I have a friend in her 40's who met a guy through online dating. They met in a coffee shop. A minute after meeting, the guy said he had to get something in his car....and left! I can't understand this. It's not like she posted a 20 year old photo of herself.

Some people just have no social skills...

Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
At least the guy stayed with you for a couple of hours! I have a friend in her 40's who met a guy through online dating. They met in a coffee shop. A minute after meeting, the guy said he had to get something in his car....and left! I can't understand this. It's not like she posted a 20 year old photo of herself.

Eh, at least he said hi. I've had a few online dates walk in, take one look at me and then leave. When I did online dating I posted a new, updated photo at least once every 6 weeks. Never used old ones and never wore makeup in any of them either.

Some people are just rude.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
A minute after meeting, the guy said he had to get something in his car....and left! I can't understand this. It's not like she posted a 20 year old photo of herself.
Been there, experienced that. And with a current photo (at the time-this was in the late 90's, "met" through an AOL Chatroom).

Old 02-05-2014, 12:30 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,292 times
At his age (40), I kind of suspect he is a married man. He probably got cold feet and took off, not necessarily because wife/friend walked in, but just in general.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:07 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
This could be due to anything. I wouldn't say it was disaster yet. Very could have been, but there could be a reasonable explanation.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:08 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
Eh, at least he said hi. I've had a few online dates walk in, take one look at me and then leave. When I did online dating I posted a new, updated photo at least once every 6 weeks. Never used old ones and never wore makeup in any of them either.

Some people are just rude.
That's seriously messed up

Old 02-06-2014, 11:51 AM

552 posts, read 834,785 times
Quote:

LMFAO.... I'll have to remember this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships