Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 03:11 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Bahahaha. Is someone butthurt?

Why not include your name if you're going to be snide?
Did I miss that post, or did she delete it too late? lol

I think you do, in that pic anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 03:13 PM

30 posts, read 34,076 times
Quote:
Didn't you know? Of course attractive people are not intelligent, and if they believe they are they're simply fooling themselves. Delusional, they are!
Don't forget superficial, cold, and vain!

Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 PM

Also, men can call themselves handsome and no one says a word! Why is it more acceptable for men to say they are good looking? Huh! Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 02-08-2014, 03:16 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,427,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
Also, men can call themselves handsome and no one says a word! Why is it more acceptable for men to say they are good looking? Huh! Inquiring minds want to know!
It's no different. It's all subjective, just as intelligence is.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,389,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Did I miss that post, or did she delete it too late? lol

I think you do, in that pic anyways.
Nah. That was an anonymous rep.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,471,329 times
Quote:
Nah. That was an anonymous rep.

Ah. Tsk, tsk.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:18 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,204,236 times
Calling yourself attractive or hot
reeks of egotistical tendencies, which is a huge turn off.
I have to agree w/ the posters who said the people who are good looking don't need to broadcast it.
Also, the best looking people I've known.....have modesty, which makes them even sexier.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Calling yourself attractive or hot
reeks of egotistical tendencies, which is a huge turn off.
I have to agree w/ the posters who said the people who are good looking don't need to broadcast it.
Also, the best looking people I've known.....have modesty, which makes them even sexier.
I don't broadcast it in real life. That would be kind of dumb when someone is looking right at you and can make that assessment for themselves. I'm speaking of describing yourself as such on an online forum where people can't see you.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:41 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,881,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Okay, since I was a wise guy on one post I'll take a stab at a serious answer, too. OP, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it because I think a sense of self confidence is important for everyone. I don't know the context in which you used it (not familiar with your other thread) so maybe it was the delivery people take exception to.

But to say, "I think I'm attractive" or "I consider myself attractive" is absolutely fine. I don't know why anyone would have a problem with that.
Quote:

I was going to make mention of this, but I didn't want to be such a grammar snob. Because we all know displaying "intelligence" is oh-so arrogant.
If it wasn't mentioned I was going to. I find the talking of intelligence to be ironic. Anyway, carry on.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:45 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,898,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
This is another misconception. If you are attractive you must not have a personality! If you're an attractive woman you must be a gold digger...or dumb

I said the SIL was a dumb rock, didn't make any kind of generalization and I made a point to be careful not to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships