Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 05:22 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
Yeah but at the same time if I would have said I have a hard time having men I'm interested in approach me, people would probably reply "maybe you're just not attractive." I guess the lesson learned from all of this is to just not mention it period.
Maybe you should quit playing the waiting, wishing they'd ask you game. Perhaps you should ask them. The telepathic method is not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 05:25 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,022,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It doesn't matter how you phrase it.
Sure it does.

It also matters how relevant your attractiveness is to the conversation. If you interject a comment about how hot you are into a conversation about the weather, it's going to rub people the wrong way. If you're trying to start a conversation about why you can't get dates and say, "I think I'm attractive," it's not as likely to bother someone.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:43 PM

30 posts, read 34,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Maybe you should quit playing the waiting, wishing they'd ask you game. Perhaps you should ask them. The telepathic method is not working.
Everytime I've asked a guy out I think they have felt that I am "fast" or "easy" and they usually are just looking to sleep with me. This has just been my experience. I truly believe guys like the chase and taking it into their hands. I've never had anything develop from it.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM

943 posts, read 1,005,524 times
I'm ugly I really really am,
I just give up on my ability to charm a man with my charisma, intellegence or stellar wit. I'm so undesireable that I can't even get the chance.
Since I don't look like a model, or an actress, or get second looks as I walk by, it must mean I'm ugly.
This must be why I have been divorced twice, and why I can't get a boyfriend.

I would never have anyone tell me I'm hot, and I never have.

I have never been beautiful and I never will be.

Sigh...

Old 02-08-2014, 05:52 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
Everytime I've asked a guy out I think they have felt that I am "fast" or "easy" and they usually are just looking to sleep with me. This has just been my experience. I truly believe guys like the chase and taking it into their hands. I've never had anything develop from it.
Maybe change who you're looking for. When you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:00 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,856,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's just not good manners to refer to yourself as "hot"

It sounds arrogant.

BTW, I say it sounds arrogant to call yourself smart too.

I have a SIL that was always considered "hot" as it were, and now she's in her 50's and looks attractive for her age, she doesn't look nearly as good as she used to and she has the personality of a rock.

I'd rather watch paint dry than have to interact with her, she skated by on her looks her whole life and now that train has left the station and we're left with someone who really doesn't have much to offer in life. Sounds harsh, but it is what it is.
Ouch! Wow, Chow, that's harsh!

Just as a matter of interest, have you told you SIL this? Have you told your brother or your wife this? Just wondering...

Old 02-08-2014, 06:01 PM

957 posts, read 1,061,933 times
I'm a dude but I definitely got a lot more confidence when I started working out consistently 5-6 years ago.

I went from being tall and lanky and didn't really have much muscle to being tall and semi-ripped. I'm no model but I have abs and you can tell I work out. I don't think it's being vain.. it's being proud of your hard work =) I've got 6 years of eating right and 4-6 days a week at the gym.

Still rarely make it past date three, but that's just because I'm awkward and shy!

People who consider themselves intelligent are sometimes hard to deal with and seem condescending. I know quite a few people with great careers that are morons in life and people that are drug addicts and drunks that are smarter than I'll ever be.

In another words, just be you, don't advertise it.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:05 PM

Thats funny, usually everyone jumps your butt if you say you're unnatractive...well, hmmm I guess it must be okay to say you ARE attractive then...hooray.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:08 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,452,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Thats funny, usually everyone jumps your butt if you say you're unnatractive...well, hmmm I guess it must be okay to say you ARE attractive then...hooray.

You look cute in your profile picture. lol

Old 02-08-2014, 06:10 PM

Ohhh gooo onnnn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships