Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:15 PM

36 posts, read 53,179 times

Advertisements

It kinda did for me. I was always insecure when I saw my BF adding all these girls on FB (most of them were people he went to school with )

.. But then again, it helped me catch my BF somewhat cheating.. I had a catfish profile.. added him and he immediately started flirting and said he was single (Military guy stationed in another country)

(Even though he had a dumb GF (me) waiting for him back home. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM

87 posts, read 78,616 times
I think social media creates a lot of problems if there already trust issues

Old 02-11-2014, 03:23 PM

339 posts, read 379,930 times
You're both lucky to be rid of each other.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times
Trustworthy people are going to be trustworthy with or without social media.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:25 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
I think it ruins them and also complicates the early stages of a relationship as well. How many threads do we see around here involving some poor soul reading too deeply into a FB picture or a tweet? How many guys check the "relationship status" of their girlfriend of FB and freak out when it says "single?" How many girls resent that her boyfriend still has pictures of his ex girlfriend in his photo albums?

Social media can be a great tool or it can be a destructive force. Control and self discipline become even more important. Never jump to conclusions because you risk making yourself look like a jacka$$.

These are truths that were sound before social media proliferated our lives.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
If you have trouble seeing things for what they are, yes.
This goes for both seeing things for there actual truth and seeing things for what you want them to be.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 PM

36 posts, read 53,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I think it ruins them and also complicates the early stages of a relationship as well. How many threads do we see around here involving some poor soul reading too deeply into a FB picture or a tweet? How many guys check the "relationship status" of their girlfriend of FB and freak out when it says "single?" How many girls resent that her boyfriend still has pictures of his ex girlfriend in his photo albums?

Social media can be a great tool or it can be a destructive force. Control and self discipline become even more important. Never jump to conclusions because you risk making yourself look like a jacka$$.

These are truths that were sound before social media proliferated our lives.
Social media was a great tool to help me keep in touch with my now ex.. Maybe it was that infamous “female” intuition but I knew something was off.. I had to put my mind at ease and I was right about him.. It never bugged me that he was still friends with his ex..(maybe because she married the guy she cheated on him with). I probably sound like a psycho for what I did but I had a feeling and I was right. I had asked him before and he denied it but it still felt off..

Old 02-11-2014, 03:47 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy97 View Post
Social media was a great tool to help me keep in touch with my now ex.. Maybe it was that infamous “female” intuition but I knew something was off.. I had to put my mind at ease and I was right about him.. It never bugged me that he was still friends with his ex..(maybe because she married the guy she cheated on him with). I probably sound like a psycho for what I did but I had a feeling and I was right. I had asked him before and he denied it but it still felt off..
I'm not blaming you for your little sting operation. Sometimes you need answers and if you don't feel you're getting them, you do what you have to do.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:03 PM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy97 View Post
It kinda did for me. I was always insecure when I saw my BF adding all these girls on FB (most of them were people he went to school with )

.. But then again, it helped me catch my BF somewhat cheating.. I had a catfish profile.. added him and he immediately started flirting and said he was single (Military guy stationed in another country)
Nope.
Social media did NOT ruin your relationship.
You CHEATING BOYFRIEND did.

There IS a difference!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,387,508 times
Yes. I'm posting here while my poor husband of 31 year makes tee for himself by himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships