Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Really. I've dumped men for attitudes like that. Complaining about having to use a condom strikes me as juvenile and whiny. Yeah, okay, pal. A woman is supposed to risk a pregnancy (a nine-month condition) and motherhood (a permanent condition) because you might experience a teeny-tiny bit less pleasure for five minutes? GTFO.

5 minutes? God I hope that was a typo, but otherwise I agree with you there .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 11:57 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
IME, a diaphragm is as fast or faster than a condom, once you have some practice. That is one of the things in the OP that does not add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
She doesn't have an issue with using a diaphram. The problem occurs when the sex is spontaneous and neither one of them want to stop and put in the diaphram. Inserting a diaphram isn't complicated but does take time. You have to wash it out regardless of the fact that it's been sitting in the case (don't want to end up with an infection)
That's silly. We don't wash tampons before we put them in. Or penises.

Quote:
next you have to insert it and make sure it is fitting properly over the cervix or it's ineffective (this is done by feel alone). This puts a pause on spontaneous sex and kind of ruins the moment. It is far easier to open a rubber and slip it over the peen. Especially when you can actually see the darn thing and she can help slip it on for him.
Naw, diaphragms are faster.

Quote:
What makes him selfish is that he also doesn't want a baby but isn't willing to do anything to stop it. What makes him selfish is that he could care less about the side-effects or potential long-term consequences of hormonal bc.

That's what makes him selfish.
Yup. I think the OP has left, because she did not like that being pointed out. Cognitive dissonance. I would not be surprised if, a few months from now, she is surprised to realise she is in an abusive relationship.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
IME, a diaphragm is as fast or faster than a condom, once you have some practice. That is one of the things in the OP that does not add up.

Yup. I think the OP has left, because she did not like that being pointed out. Cognitive dissonance. I would not be surprised if, a few months from now, she is surprised to realise she is in an abusive relationship.
You said it all, and I completely agree

Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,777 times
There is a reason why they come individually wrapped and not thrown in the box like pads are. It's a clean manufacturing process. Any foreign object that enters the body has the potential to cause infection. As far as penises go some of them do need washing because women get UTIs from dirty ones (also dirty fingers or sex toys) That is the point of washing the diaphram out before you use it. If it's not clean when you put it in you risk a UTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You said it all, and I completely agree
Me, too. I don't believe her husband loves her. Maybe he's incapable of love and is a narcissist. Whatever the case, it doesn't bode well for their future.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Me, too. I don't believe her husband loves her. Maybe he's incapable of love and is a narcissist. Whatever the case, it doesn't bode well for their future.
Yeah, something is not quite right. Hope they get it worked out.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:21 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,822 times
I don't want to move this off topic, but since the convention of birth control being the burden of the woman and not the man is relevant, I find it interesting how many people ask women to sympathize with a man for not wanting to wear a condom because it's just so unsatisfying and unnatural to him and you have to understand how he feels...

... yet they're okay with women pumping themselves full of chemicals with questionable side effects that suppress/alter their body's natural functions and having artificial devices shoved up their cracks or surgically implanted into their reproductive systems that can have serious mechanical complications let alone medical just so their man doesn't "have" to wear one.

Objectively speaking, I'd say what women have to go through to protect themselves from pregnancy trumps wrapping a sausage, so it wouldn't hurt if men were also encouraged to sympathize more with women and what the reproductive choices they're making as a couple will mean for their bodies and health and comfort and enjoyment of sex.

Just my two cents.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
I don't want to move this off topic, but since the convention of birth control being the burden of the woman and not the man is relevant, I find it interesting how many people ask women to sympathize with a man for not wanting to wear a condom because it's just so unsatisfying and unnatural to him and you have to understand how he feels...

... yet they're okay with women pumping themselves full of chemicals with questionable side effects that suppress/alter their body's natural functions and having artificial devices shoved up their cracks or surgically implanted into their reproductive systems that can have serious mechanical complications just so a man doesn't "have" to wear one.

Objectively speaking, I would say what women have to go through to protect themselves from pregnancy trumps wrapping a sausage, so it wouldn't hurt if men were also encouraged to sympathize more with women and what the reproductive choices they're making as a couple will mean for their bodies and health and comfort and enjoyment of sex.

Just my two cents.
SO well said! And the OP wasn't expecting him to use a condom every time, just once in a while. And he can't even be bothered to do that? The BS-o-meter is off the chart!

Old 02-13-2014, 12:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This is BAD advice. The depo shot can have serious side effects. Not everyone can successfully use hormonal BC.
Serious side effects? Serious is a strong word. She should talk to a professional (an MD). I took it and the pill and had an IUD st different times in my life and was fine.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:42 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly234 View Post
My husband and I have been married for two years. We are both STD free and I definitely trust that he is extremely committed and monogamous in our marriage. We have decided not to start a family as of yet, due to our upcoming job relocation and extensive traveling plans.

I don't like birth control pills because of the side effects and I'm not really consistent with remembering to take the pill each day, which renders it ineffective. I also don't like the idea of getting the depo provera shot. Usually, our source of birth control is a diaphragm and him withdrawing (sorry for being so explicit). But many times sex is spontaneous and I am not wearing a diaphragm. On those occasions I ask him to wear a condom, but that request usually leads to him behaving strangely towards me.

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem with their husband. If so, how were you able to resolve the issue. I know that I want to wait a few more years before having children. I realize that he doesn't like condoms, but it seems like condoms are our best option when we have spontaneous sex. This is so frustrating!
Does your husband know how to insert your diaphragm? If not teach him and make it part of foreplay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships