Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:09 AM

639 posts, read 680,080 times

Advertisements

I am actually currently in this position....I'm staying Strong and moving on, I don't believe in revenge, that is for the weak.
Learn from the bad and turn it into positive thoughts for your future......Never regret caring and Loving someone Love is a gift and not something to ever feel ashamed of even if they person you cared and loved didn't really deserve all you gave to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 02:43 AM

128 posts, read 147,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
No, consideration is good. If you ask her out and she says it's a bad time then back off. But leave the decision up to her on if it's a bad time.
But you said consideration is bad. If so, then OK, but that's not my morals..

Old 02-16-2014, 08:56 PM

663 posts, read 1,727,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka aethelstan View Post
But you said consideration is bad. If so, then OK, but that's not my morals..
No, I didn’t. Not asking someone out because you perceive she will not be receptive due to timing is not consideration. It’s arrogance. You don’t know what’s best for her or what she’s feeling about dating right now. She’s the expert on that. Just be honest about your feelings and ask her out. If it’s a bad time for her then she’ll let you know. If she does decline, then is the time to be considerate and drop the subject. It’s not a matter of morals. It’s a matter of emotional honesty.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka aethelstan View Post
By circumstances, well they're well-founded ones, like her mother is gravely sick.

Of course, I have to wait until she gets better, but then damn..
You could always ask if you can bring her lunch or a coffee and sit with her for a bit.
That way it is open, personal but not intimate and she can still remain near her Mother if that is where she is at the time.
It would give you both a chance to get to know each other a bit more and give her a short break from her Mother.
Without knowing the specific circumstances though it is tough to give a well informed idea of how to proceed.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
No, I didn’t. Not asking someone out because you perceive she will not be receptive due to timing is not consideration. It’s arrogance. You don’t know what’s best for her or what she’s feeling about dating right now. She’s the expert on that. Just be honest about your feelings and ask her out. If it’s a bad time for her then she’ll let you know. If she does decline, then is the time to be considerate and drop the subject. It’s not a matter of morals. It’s a matter of emotional honesty.
I see your point. It's just that I figure she may be weighed down since somebody close to her needs attention.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:03 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,175,566 times
"Have you ever been in love but circumstances say you can't make your move?"

Yes, once. But the good thing to know is that you can fall in love again with someone else.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,302,670 times
This is the type of situation that people who know things use to their advantage. Another guy would swoop in and be her rock of support and that could lead to something. You seem a bit more selfish and focused on what you want her to be. I don't think it's going to happen for you guys.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is the type of situation that people who know things use to their advantage. Another guy would swoop in and be her rock of support and that could lead to something. You seem a bit more selfish and focused on what you want her to be. I don't think it's going to happen for you guys.
so another person who condemns understanding? lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships