Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times

Advertisements

I didn't mean to attack him personally - just reminded everyone, that this is an internet forum. Speaking of which, I looked at his profile to get a better sense of who he is.
I went to his past posts and immediately stumbled over this....wonder if he posted this after he got the kiddies tucked in for the night...

Quote:
I'm married, but if any 20-something hotties wanted a fling without entanglements... I'm your man!
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...tml#post450054

Old 12-05-2007, 12:15 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
I've said this before on a previous thread. If a friend of mine comes to me for support or advice, I don't say "I really need to hear the other side of the story". I provide appropriate, supportive advice, and I try not to bash the other person because there *is* another side of the story. But my friends are not coming to me for ammunition, or to form a team of people on their side, they need some perspective to deal with a situation they are struggling with. So ... it's one thing to try to see Mrs. Shuke's perspective to the extent possible, because that *is* helpful to Shuke, but we're not in a reality series here, we're not voting on People.com on Kevin vs. Britney. Until he sends us subpoenas to be witnesses for him in trial, we're just here to help to the best we can with the information we have. And we just have to trust him ... there are no risks in doing so.

Shuke: I tried to give you more rep points, but I've given you too much for the time being!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 PM

630 posts, read 2,227,061 times
Sundance - IMHO I think you really had to dig to find that post. Anyways Shuke makes comments for humor, and as I had read it .. it was in humor. Just for fun post, it made me laugh. Again this is JMO but you like to see if you can start fires, you like to rattle the cage, shake the bee hive. You have insulted and IMO you did it intentionaly and again are doing it intentionally. Per one of your posts ... maybe you need to go back to work.

My appologies if I have offended anyone.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:22 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I didn't mean to attack him personally - just reminded everyone, that this is an internet forum. Speaking of which, I looked at his profile to get a better sense of who he is.
I went to his past posts and immediately stumbled over this....wonder if he posted this after he got the kiddies tucked in for the night...

Gosh, I hope you don't research my posts, cuz I've got a TON of garbage out there.

Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:28 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:

Keep reading. There's a thread out there (that one might be it) where Shuke got a beating from most of us who follow his posts. He's not a dumb person. He just calls it like it is. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't understand why people are expected to be a certain way.

Get out of the mold!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:28 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
im sure if mrs shuke came to cd for insight/help we would all support her the best way we know how even without knowing mr shuke's version of the story.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:30 PM

i am sure he was joking!
Quote:

Old 12-05-2007, 12:31 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
well said, goldenmom

Old 12-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Gosh, I hope you don't research my posts, cuz I've got a TON of garbage out there.

Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore?
mjb68, i like your humor! (especially the almond joke!)

Old 12-05-2007, 12:36 PM

i'd say shuke's meds are working fine! look at all he is able to accomplish and deal with and all with clarity and humor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
OK I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet but....

Shuke.. who's paying for your wife's shrink? It seems like he/she is not doing anything geared towards improving the family life. Sounds like it's not doing anything for the wife herself either.

Get a refund!

Still didn't finish but I'm adding comments as I read on.

Shuke - wife is on meds and you're on meds. Do each of the meds of each of you have adverse effects on the other? Maybe? I'm serious. You say you're on meds for your own issues, yet I do think you are doing a heck of a good job. You're well off financially and are home enough to take care of the kids and the house so how bad can your own issues be?

BTW......try using paper plates and paper cups! it works.

If your wife is Bi-polar.....how come her symptoms/medicate/don't medicate, etc. only started to become obviously BAD symptoms after the 3rd child?

Anything in particular tip the bucket around that time (Besides the credit card charges)? It seems that you went bonkers after you found out about the credit card thing and is that when it all went totally downhill? I'm not blaming you. I'm just trying to see if there's rhyme or reason to anything.

I have to tell you all that I have my posts set so that I start reading from the beginning up and I just saw Shuke's most recent post saying that he was taking a break.

Well, I hope you come back soon. I think Shuke is one of those people who tells it like it is. He doesn't sugar-coat. A spade is a spade. I think he has a certain clarity about "real life" and, personally, I like his type of practical view on life and it's ups & downs.

So Shuke......I know you don't want to lose your shirt by getting divorced but maybe you can send your wife on one of those year long cruises?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships