Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 12:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightco2014 View Post
She's went back home to her home state to do the driving test, so she's off work for a week hence the text.
I've only asked her out once and she agreed to it at first. Then said a couple days later to me in person that she couldn't as we worked together but she was leaving in a month and would/consider it when she has left in a months time.

I honestly want her to pass as this will allow her to go for the career in which she wants to do, nothing more than that.
Ok, then text her good luck. No big deal.

Then back off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 02:29 PM

242 posts, read 392,617 times
This is a very simple rule to live by: Don't mix business with pleasure. This goes for friends and especially relationships.

You already crossed the bridge by asking her out. Don't do anymore than that.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:26 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,220,957 times
Be smart and leave the women at work ALONE! Messing with the women at work is not a smart thing to do. You're there to work, not be a player. Unless of course you don't plan on working there long? Wise up kid...

Old 02-16-2014, 07:27 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,220,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWC View Post
This is a very simple rule to live by: Don't mix business with pleasure. This goes for friends and especially relationships.

You already crossed the bridge by asking her out. Don't do anymore than that.
Wise advice.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,012,342 times
I think text her. Be friendly and not pushy. Follow her lead -- don't text more often than she does. If she stays in touch, then don't mention possibly dating until after she has started the new job.

I can't tell from what you wrote whether she actually wants to date you later or is just trying to let you down easy, so that's why I say follow her lead. Maybe it will all work out!

Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,649,042 times
The Dennis System

D- Demonstrate Value
E- Engage Physically
N- Nuture Dependence
N- Neglect Emotionally
I- Inspire Hope
S- Seperate Entirely

The way to win any girl's heart.

If you you tube it there is a video LOL

BTW do not try it at home.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:41 AM

6,988 posts, read 6,913,953 times
I know this sounds cheesy but the Universe will sort it out for you. If you are 'meant' to be together, then she will contact you or you will see each other when she has passed her driving test. If you push for something not in 'the plan' then it wont work out and may lead to problems.

Just make sure she knows that you would like to take her out when she has left the company and is free of either of you being sacked for dating. Then leave it alone and see what happens. If you promise her a meal if she passes or fails, then later she can ring you up and ask if you are still on for the meal.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:05 AM

639 posts, read 680,136 times
In love what is professional and what is unprofessional. Dear you choose the wrong lady. she is compare the love with other things. So it will go to long. And no need to talk with her. at work time you have to talk with her otherwise no..

Old 02-17-2014, 01:18 PM

4 posts, read 3,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I can't tell from what you wrote whether she actually wants to date you later or is just trying to let you down easy, so that's why I say follow her lead. Maybe it will all work out!
Me neither, though she did seem keen until she told a co-worker and then that was the end of that.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:36 PM

22,649 posts, read 47,828,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightco2014 View Post
She's went back home to her home state to do the driving test, so she's off work for a week hence the text.
Surely your phone has the capability to let you TALK, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships