Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:17 AM

98 posts, read 93,632 times

Advertisements

I’m 20, my GF is 20, we’re 8 years in( some say 12yo can't date lol). We both live in Southern California, almost on the beach. We both did well in high school. I don’t know what I want to do so I’m at the community college to get general education stuff out of the way, then I’ll weigh my options. She is going to CSU-Long Beach, about 30 min. away, she lives at home as do I. We have very different work ethics. She gets it done right away( the day its assigned is the day she does it). I do my work a day or two before its due. I’m young and I like to have a good time( I drink, no smoking no drugs). She doesn’t drink at all( personal choice) and hates it when I do. Yesterday, I was laying in my hammock in the backyard and she came out.
Me: Hola
Her: Hey sweetie. Can we go to that new place out by the movie theater?
Me: right now?( I’m shirtless with a swimsuit on. In my hand is a glass of rum and coke. 20 is close enough to 21 in my book( and my parents’ book). Within arms reach is more rum and a 12 pack of coke.)
Her: Yeah, c’mon
Me: But I just poured this and I just put on sunscreen. How bout tonight? As for now, kick back with me, grab a bikini or whatever and join the R&R club.
Her: Ugh !!!
Me: Problem?
Her: Yeah, you, you’re so useless. Fine stay out here all day getting drunk as . Call me when you sober up.
Me: Yes ma’am.

I ended up taking her out to dinner at the place. Her first comment when I picked her up was “ well well Lt. Rum N’ Coke sobered up . It’s a miracle”. She seemed annoyed all night. Should I apologize or will she get over it? I wasn't even drunk though, I had 2 drinks. She does this with everything, fights me about schoolwork, how my bedroom looks, etc.

Last edited by stanmitchell; 02-17-2014 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 08:19 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Drinking rum in the middle of the day by yourself? Awesome.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:24 AM

a couple of my buddies had been there awhile and they left before she showed up.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:29 AM

22,600 posts, read 47,707,443 times
19 and drinking mid day... either you are a troll or a loser.
Your girlfriend would be better off without you.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,450,321 times
The OP reads more like a fanfic actually. A twilight saga wanna be author? LOL. I won't be surprised if the OP makes a thread in the future how he met all his gfs in AA meetings.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:33 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Here's a young man with a bright future ahead of him.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:34 AM

I wouldn't say loser. I'm getting a college education. I'm a pretty good guy.and we're still very much in love I just wish she wouldn't get on my case about everything.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:36 AM

is Hilo on the big island?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:36 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmitchell View Post
I’m 19, my GF is 19, we’re 7 years in( some say 12yo can't date lol). We both live in Southern California, almost on the beach. We both did well in high school. I don’t know what I want to do so I’m at the community college to get general education stuff out of the way, then I’ll weigh my options. She is going to CSU-Long Beach, about 30 min. away, she lives at home as do I. We have very different work ethics. She gets it done right away( the day its assigned is the day she does it). I do my work a day or two before its due. I’m young and I like to have a good time( I drink, no smoking no drugs). She doesn’t drink at all( personal choice) and hates it when I do. Yesterday, I was laying in my hammock in the backyard and she came out.
Me: Hola
Her: Hey sweetie. Can we go to that new place out by the movie theater?
Me: right now?( I’m shirtless with a swimsuit on. In my hand is a glass of rum and coke. 20 is close enough to 21 in my book( and my parents’ book). Within arms reach is more rum and a 12 pack of coke.)
Her: Yeah, c’mon
Me: But I just poured this and I just put on sunscreen. How bout tonight? As for now, kick back with me, grab a bikini or whatever and join the R&R club.
Her: Ugh !!!
Me: Problem?
Her: Yeah, you, you’re so useless. Fine stay out here all day getting drunk as . Call me when you sober up.
Me: Yes ma’am.

I ended up taking her out to dinner at the place. Her first comment when I picked her up was “ well well Lt. Rum N’ Coke sobered up . It’s a miracle”. She seemed annoyed all night. Should I apologize or will she get over it? I wasn't even drunk though, I had 2 drinks. She does this with everything, fights me about schoolwork, how my bedroom looks, etc.

You think you are getting gen ed stuff out of the way but in reality you aren't. Any University will tell you that it will transfer and it does transfer, it just does not count toward your degree so you will more than likely be taking the same classes a second time.

Legally 20 is NOT close enough to 21 and your parents are not smart in allowing you to drink at home because they would be held legally responsible for your actions if/when you leave and get into an accident.

You can't date at 12 and it is obvious to everyone but you that this girlfriend of yours is too different from you and long term it will more than likely end badly.
If she was smart she would cut you loose since you think it is just great to sit around all afternoon and drink, put off work for school until the last minute and I'm guessing since she fusses about your room that you don't keep your room tidy.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:38 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
I'm from LA and its not quite warm enough to be in a swimsuit right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships