Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:25 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
So I was talking to a girl the other day and I made some inappropriate jokes and I think I creeped her out. I can tell by the way she treats me, she doesn't tell me to go away but basically just ignores me when I try to talk to her. So have any of you guys had a similar experience? Have you ever done anything or said anything to creep girls out? Did you find a way to make it up to her or did you just forget about it and move on?
heh heh, yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 AM

31,078 posts, read 22,094,503 times
I was being overly aggressive and exuberant during a Hockey game. My date thought I was being strange and never got to date 2.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
If I have I have never noticed or it has been intentional

Old 02-24-2014, 11:04 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
I give women the willies all the time.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:08 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times
In middle school I was a creep, I sent girls unsolicited hand written letters trying to use a combination of appeals to logic and appeals to emotion to win them over, I would also buy them stuff unsolicited. Afterward I thought it would be fun to become pen pals with random women from other schools in the district only I used ghost names.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,026 times
I'm only aware of 2-3 times I creeped out a woman and the last time it happened that I know of was 7-8 years ago. I was frustrated with something work related and let it boil over a bit in front of her. I apologized, and we both put it behind us and we're friends to this day.

Unless you're grotesque-looking, its really not that hard to interact with women without creeping them out even if you're not physically attractive. Behaving like a normal human being, lightening up, keeping control of your emotions and respecting boundaries is all that's necessary. Assuming she doesn't have serious issues herself.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:47 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I'm sure countless times. But who cares?

As long as the people who know you well say you're a good guy, then you probably are.
Who cares? Seriously, dude, you post a lot about having trouble getting women, but then you don't care if you're putting them off without knowing it? You don't care if you have a problem relating to women, but you want a girlfriend? You're not making a lot of sense right now.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
So I was talking to a girl the other day and I made some inappropriate jokes and I think I creeped her out. I can tell by the way she treats me, she doesn't tell me to go away but basically just ignores me when I try to talk to her. So have any of you guys had a similar experience? Have you ever done anything or said anything to creep girls out? Did you find a way to make it up to her or did you just forget about it and move on?
I have never creeped a woman out.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Who cares? Seriously, dude, you post a lot about having trouble getting women, but then you don't care if you're putting them off without knowing it? You don't care if you have a problem relating to women, but you want a girlfriend? You're not making a lot of sense right now.
I think that's the case for a lot of posters on this thread. It's been really eye-opening.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:11 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,300,531 times
I creeped out a young woman pretty hardcore a few weeks ago. I mistook her for one of my former quantum chemistry students, then walked up to her and said something very technical concerning eigenfunctions and boundary conditions that was a reference to a mistake that my student made on her final exam. Once I saw her look of blank incomprehension, I realized my mistake. Rather than apologize like a normal human being, I decided to stare at my feet and walk away while talking to myself. It was not my finest moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships