Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you assume a woman with a ring on her right hand ring finger is in an exclusive relationship?
Yes 8 38.10%
No 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times

Advertisements

She sat next to me and we talked with the usual indicators in the 4th paragraph, I've never asked a woman if she has a BF because I think it gives her the upper hand and lets her know I'm thinking of her that way. Like I need her approval. In this respect I still think like a game player, not a good thing I know.

I plan to proceed with caution and find out somehow through a trusted 3rd party, like Raena77 says maybe "the player has met his match" and this is all a trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Dude, doesn't it depend on the type of ring? What, women aren't allowed to wear any ring on the right or left ring fingers, because someone might get the wrong idea? If it's not a wedding band or an engagement ring (usually a diamond), you're good to go. Even if it is an engagement ring, you have no idea if it's a family heirloom she was given by her mom, or something else. Women wear jewelry, they wear rings. You're overthinking this.

Relax. Jeez, who makes out at conferences, in the middle of a conference room, anyway?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 02-27-2014 at 12:10 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
She sat next to me and we talked with the usual indicators in the 4th paragraph, I've never asked a woman if she has a BF because I think it gives her the upper hand and lets her know I'm thinking of her that way. In this respect I still think like a game player, not a good thing I know.

I plan to proceed with caution and find out somehow through a trusted 3rd party, like Raena77 says maybe "the player has met his match" and this is all a trap.
Wait, let me get this straight. You don't want to ask her if she has a bf, because you don't want her to know you're thinking of her "that way", but you don't mind lunging at her with a kiss? You don't think that would give your intentions away?

But you say you don't care, you're going to go for it, anyway? So, why are you asking us about the ring thing?

Old 02-27-2014, 12:08 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, let me get this straight. You don't want to ask her if she has a bf, because you don't want her to know you're thinking of her "that way", but you don't mind lunging at her with a kiss? You don't think that would give your intentions away?

wtf?!
I decided not to go for the kiss when I saw the ring. And I know, it sounds crazy on paper. But with my experiences with women, talking about how I feel instead of showing her through action has never ended well. On the other hand, showing her by caressing her hair, holding her face, looking her in the eyes, and encircling her lips with mine nearly always ends well when reciprocated.

I'm not going to do anything right now, I have allowed this woman to take up more mental space than acceptable and will go out with others. I'm waiting to set up a plan to find out her status through an intermediary.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

wtf?!
Yeah, that's a bunch of BS.

You can ask questions to find out about a person's home life without making them think you're trolling.

What part of town do you live in?
How long have you lived there?
Do you have a roommate?
You married or single?

Any of these can get you to the nugget you want to know. They are all info gathering, not come-ons.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
On the other hand, showing her by caressing her hair, holding her face, looking her in the eyes, and encircling her lips with mine nearly always ends well when reciprocated.
^^^ DodgeBall Threw Up - YouTube ^^^

Also, most kisses end well when reciprocated. The ones that end with a punch in the eye suck.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yeah, that's a bunch of BS.

You can ask questions to find out about a person's home life without making them think you're trolling.

What part of town do you live in?
How long have you lived there?
Do you have a roommate?
You married or single?

Any of these can get you to the nugget you want to know. They are all info gathering, not come-ons.
If a guy asks a woman if she has a roommate, it's obvious what he's after, though. There's gotta be a better way...

I'm not sure why the OP suspects she's in an LDR, though.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:48 PM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
It's beyond me why OP thinks a woman that he barely knows and can't talk to is going to be hoping to have sex with him in a room where they know that their co-workers will be arriving any minute.

I don't think the ring is his only misunderstanding.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
He's the prey. Lol
But seriously don't go after another man's woman. She will do this to you too.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It's beyond me why OP thinks a woman that he barely knows and can't talk to is going to be hoping to have sex with him in a room where they know that their co-workers will be arriving any minute.

I don't think the ring is his only misunderstanding.
Indeed. OP, you might consider focusing on your work, not jumping people in conference rooms and encircling their lips with yours, or doing nosy recon work with a network of other coworkers.

Also, FWIW, I have never worn a ring on any hands or fingers to indicate relationship status outside of my engagement ring and wedding ring. I'm not sure how common the "going steady" ring really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships