Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:35 PM

541 posts, read 861,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Since no one else wants to address your question because they can't get past their own disdain long enough to do so, I will.

The "legitimate" girlfriend married him because she felt like she "won." Yes, lots of women are like that.
I sadly have to agree that is probably what that woman thought when she was "chosen" out of three to be married to your father. I feel very sorry for your mother and that other woman who were left without a partner around to raise the children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
People weren't thinking straight back in those days; blame it on cocaine.
I think this kind of "situation" happens way more often now.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:36 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,882 times
Getting three women pregnant doesn't mean he had game. One time is all it takes to get pregnant you know. Anyone can "get some" if they really want to. Who knows how they met and what he said or did to sleep with him? Maybe they are the only 3 he has ever been with.

Who cares anyway? If you don't have a problem with it then why ask? Unless you are proud that he was having sex with 3 different women unbeknownst to them without using protection. STD's anyone? Never mind he was a liar since they didn't know that. Or maybe you just wanted to brag because you think he "had game"?

Old 03-01-2014, 03:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Maybe she loved him and knew she had a baby on the way and was hoping for the best. Who knows.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:41 PM

27 posts, read 34,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Sound like he had an interesting bachelor party that lasted a week or so!
Never thought about it that way.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
original poster why don't you ask your Mother why she married him anyway, has stayed with him so many years, is over it and how she feels.
My mother is not married to him. He married of my brother's mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
All you are doing is making excuses as to why all of this is okay because in your opinion he provided financially so he is a good father and not just a sperm donor.

It takes more than money to be a good father but it only takes a willing partner to be a sperm donor. Unless of course you are donating your sperm for someone else to use then you cannot have an actual partner.
Who says I was just talking about money? He was attentive in his own way, especially taking into aco**** he had a very busy career.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantamount View Post
I sadly have to agree that is probably what that woman thought when she was "chosen" out of three to be married to your father. I feel very sorry for your mother and that other woman who were left without a partner around to raise the children.

I think this kind of "situation" happens way more often now.
Considering that particular "partner", I would feel more sorry for the one who ended up with him. The other two dodged a bullet. They dodged the bullet but not the sperm.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I'll let other people rag on your father and instead actually answer your question.

I think harem mentality is deeply rooted in low self-esteem. No way, no how, would I have tolerated that, nor would I have wanted permanent ties to a man like your father. Yay, glad you're here, but if I were your mother, you wouldn't be. I'd have had an abortion and never spoken to your father again. Then again, I wouldn't have gotten knocked up in the first place.
You're saying the OP should have been aborted?

I don't see why -- it sounds like the father provided financial support for the other two kids -- he must have had a pretty good job and the mother he married was desperate enough to have a man that she tolerated living on 1/3 of his income.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Considering that particular "partner", I would feel more sorry for the one who ended up with him.
Hmm they have been together all this time and had two more children after the initial "incident". I have no reason not to believe he has been unfaithful to her, they seem to get along OK.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:55 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Since no one else wants to address your question because they can't get past their own disdain long enough to do so, I will.

The "legitimate" girlfriend married him because she felt like she "won." Yes, lots of women are like that.
Or she had no other viable choices at the time.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I'll let other people rag on your father and instead actually answer your question.

I think harem mentality is deeply rooted in low self-esteem. No way, no how, would I have tolerated that, nor would I have wanted permanent ties to a man like your father. Yay, glad you're here, but if I were your mother, you wouldn't be. I'd have had an abortion and never spoken to your father again. Then again, I wouldn't have gotten knocked up in the first place.
I don't blame you for thinking like that but my mother says she has no regrets regarding the pregnancy. She has never badmouthed him in front of me because like I said, when it came to me, she really didn't have much to complain about. He always paid CS on time and came around to pick me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships